Hopper 3 lost its mind today.

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
I don't know what happened today but my Hopper 3 lost its mind. Was trying to watch OnDemand and it kept looping the closing credits on an episode of Yellowstone. Then it would not stop, I tried to start another episode and it said I had reached my limit for streaming. I switched it to live tv and it would not pause at all. I reset it and it was good for a few hours, then did it again. I had to reset it a second time. It has never done this before. Has been pretty much rock solid for the last year and a half I have had it. Hopefully this doesn't continue.

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
I don't know what happened today but my Hopper 3 lost its mind. Was trying to watch OnDemand and it kept looping the closing credits on an episode of Yellowstone. Then it would not stop, I tried to start another episode and it said I had reached my limit for streaming. I switched it to live tv and it would not pause at all. I reset it and it was good for a few hours, then did it again. I had to reset it a second time. It has never done this before. Has been pretty much rock solid for the last year and a half I have had it. Hopefully this doesn't continue.
This definitely isn't the experience we want you having with your equipment, olds403. If this does happen again, please reach out to our Live Chat Team here: MyDISH by selecting the Chat With Us option, or by calling our Customer Support team at: 1-800-333-3474. They will be able to access your account and check some things with your equipment to help get this resolved.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I haven't seen the original issues again, yet, but the skip back button seems to be more screwed up than normal. I don't know if it was the most recent update (I have H313 on the Hopper 3). If I hit the skip back button, it will only skip back 20 seconds if I hit it once, 30 seconds if I hit it twice, then almost immediately it returns to live tv. I know the skip buttons have been acting up for a while but not like this.

I haven't seen the original issues again, yet, but the skip back button seems to be more screwed up than normal. I don't know if it was the most recent update (I have H313 on the Hopper 3). If I hit the skip back button, it will only skip back 20 seconds if I hit it once, 30 seconds if I hit it twice, then almost immediately it returns to live tv. I know the skip buttons have been acting up for a while but not like this.
I am sorry to say that my H3 has been acting like that for more than a year. :crying The spontaneous skip to live TV is the bug that drives me crazy.

I am sorry to say that my H3 has been acting like that for more than a year. :crying The spontaneous skip to live TV is the bug that drives me crazy.
Yeah, I have had the random skip to live tv on paused tv for a while, but I just noticed the skip back button only doing 20 seconds on the first click and immediately going to live tv recently. This ONLY happens on live tv, the skip/pause buttons work normally on DVR recordings.

Yeah, I have had the random skip to live tv on paused tv for a while, but I just noticed the skip back button only doing 20 seconds on the first click and immediately going to live tv recently. This ONLY happens on live tv, the skip/pause buttons work normally on DVR recordings.
My Hoppers & Joeys do 10 second skip back.

Reactions: olds403
My Hoppers & Joeys do 10 second skip back.
Yeah, it works correctly on recorded programs. Try doing that on a live or paused program.
This is viewing on my Joey 3 that the skip back button is jumping right to 20 seconds, then it will immediately jump back to live tv.
Yup. Others here discovered that, if you skip back a minute or more, it will not skip ahead to live. This skip ahead to live really sucks. I have many occasions when I miss some dialog and I want to hear it again. A 10 sec skip back would be ideal, but never works because it skips ahead to live, which skips over the dialog that I missed!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts