Hopper 3 Postponed (Not really)

Someone from Dish finally responded on the Portal and gave the typical response that they will let us know asap on the Portal when there is an official launch date. I did see another retailer say that they talked to their distributor and they were told the Jan. 30th. Still not solid info though. Wait, wait, wait.........

Reactions: charlesrshell
Someone from Dish finally responded on the Portal and gave the typical response that they will let us know asap on the Portal when there is an official launch date. I did see another retailer say that they talked to their distributor and they were told the Jan. 30th. Still not solid info though. Wait, wait, wait.........
Yipes, this is getting to me!! :crying

Someone said Feb 1?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    420.5 KB · Views: 308
Someone said Feb 1?

Just more rumors as of now. It's possible though. If the date of Jan. 30th holds true for when retailers get equipment that would make the 1st a likely date for it being launched for customers. Retailers are suppose to receive equipment 3 days before the launch.

Just more rumors as of now. It's possible though. If the date of Jan. 30th holds true for when retailers get equipment that would make the 1st a likely date for it being launched for customers. Retailers are suppose to receive equipment 3 days before the launch.
I called a retailer that I saw an ad for and they told me to back Monday. They said no way they get them between now and next week. I'm sure some eill get them at different times. Just passing along what I found out.....

Dishscribers received an update to the carbon ui last night. The release date of the hopper 3 hinges on whether or not any major bugs are discovered in the next 2 days.

Reactions: stardust3
Back in the 1980s at the DECUS Symposiums, people would be clamoring about when this feature or the next release of VAX/VMS would be out. My favorite response was when one of the DEC software engineers answered, "you'll be skiing" to which the questioner asked, "Water or Snow?" The engineer countered with "it depends on the hemisphere."

Remember the FireWire equipped 921? That was "Soon" for the longest time, until it finally died and was reborn as the 921 sans FireWire. Ah, the adolescent years of HD DVRs (or should I say PVRs?)

Lots of us are impatient for the release of the new Hopper. But we will be the same ones crabbin' if they release it with "buggy" software, or CSRs and installers that aren't fully trained.

I've been excited about the new carbon interface since I saw it at CES a year ago. The Hopper 3 is icing on the cake.

I'd rather have them take a few extra days to get it right, than for them to take a major hit if it doesn't work .
Just sayin......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts