Hopper 3 Postponed (Not really)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Next day installs? When I signed up and later when I added a Super Joey, the install was done the same day!!
I've heard a few people say they've gotten same-day installs. Normally, I'd think that was more luck, as in, a late cancellation but what are the odds of it happening twice for you ? I did have a next-day install and I called after 9pm too. One time they offered me an installation on Thanksgiving Day ... that I politely declined. Well, actually I said "I will not ask a technician to work on Thanksgiving Day" but I'm sure it fell on deaf ears.

I've heard a few people say they've gotten same-day installs. Normally, I'd think that was more luck, as in, a late cancellation but what are the odds of it happening twice for you ? I did have a next-day install and I called after 9pm too. One time they offered me an installation on Thanksgiving Day ... that I politely declined. Well, actually I said "I will not ask a technician to work on Thanksgiving Day" but I'm sure it fell on deaf ears.

Holidays are the most popular days for Dish work orders. I get one almost every holiday. When I call the customer to ask if we can reschedule they almost always say that it's no problem since they are busy anyway. They tell me Dish insists that they can take care of them and they it's no worry. Little does the customer know that Dish is not the one taking care of it but the retailer or some poor tech. That really grinds my gears.

OMG!!! Dish is killing me............................ I was so waiting for tomorrow to come. :(

This is why I wasn't very pleased with the member who posted the thread about the 28th being the official release date of the Hopper 3. There hasn't been an official release date yet. Jan. 30th is not the official release date either so don't be disappointed if it's not out by then either. When there is a solid date set everyone here will know right away.

Called my local retailer today - she is receiving units on Friday, and I have an appt. for a Sunday afternoon install. She confirmed the Fri. delivery with her distributor.
Can you do an upgrade with a local retailer if you are under a contract ?

Just heads up, except Netflix to be disable. Our shop took update. Netflix is disable right on hopper 3 and 4K Joey, but will work on Joeys

depending on market area, we do have same day installs quite often. i have been to installs and service calls that were called in an hour or two before i arrived. this has been a company goal for a while

Can you do an upgrade with a local retailer if you are under a contract ?
Probably not.

That's one of the good reasons to go through DIRT to get an upgrade and they can work on things like that. Hopefully the Hopper 3 upgrades will be available to to DIRT team soon. :)

I would assume that the U202 firmware is out in preparation for the 4K Joeys. I wonder if the Hopper 3 uses the same version of firmware?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)