Hopper 3 Software Version H315 Updated 2/16/2022

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Updated all my DISH equipment software. Will update the color button list later.

H3 H315 16 Feb 2022
4KJ J415 16 Feb 2022
WJ J215 16 Feb 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: LQQK
Updated my two Hopper3 receivers to H315 and my Joey3 to J515. Can anyone tell us what the software update addresses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
Notable Fixes included
  • Streaming- increasing streaming limits
    • Adding the streaming equivalent of 2 tuners to the Hopper 3 and 1 tuner to the Hopper with Sling and Hopper Duo
    • Hopper can do 3 streams
    • Hopper Sling/Duo gets 2 streams
    • Examples of what qualifies as 1 instance of a stream:
      • Live streaming channel
      • VOD being downloaded
      • Local Now, Nest, or the Gallery app
  • A fix for Hopper to Hopper Transfers was expected but a resolution for this feature is still being investigated

This must be why I am having issues with my 4k Joey... no guide info showed, just empty space. Apps did not work with a pop-up saying that they are "fixing it, no need to worry". Everything loaded really slow. No artwork for on demand icons,, just text. Hopper is working fine. I reset the joey and same thing. I unplugged and got the guide back and apps back, but still slow loading although not as slow now. On demand icons still are text only. Network to hopper is fine, Internet connection is fine.

Reactions: TheLip
Notable Fixes included
  • Streaming- increasing streaming limits
    • Adding the streaming equivalent of 2 tuners to the Hopper 3 and 1 tuner to the Hopper with Sling and Hopper Duo
    • Hopper can do 3 streams
    • Hopper Sling/Duo gets 2 streams
    • Examples of what qualifies as 1 instance of a stream:
      • Live streaming channel
      • VOD being downloaded
  • A fix for Hopper to Hopper Transfers was expected but a resolution for this feature is still being investigated
Ok, what do you mean the Hopper can do 3 streams ? Are you saying that you can stream Dish anywhere on 3 different devices at the same time?

Ok, what do you mean the Hopper can do 3 streams ? Are you saying that you can stream Dish anywhere on 3 different devices at the same time?
Examples of what qualifies as 1 instance of a stream:
  • Live streaming channel
  • VOD being downloaded

No, it used to be that internet delivered channels (HBO Signature/Family) and internet downloaded on demand shows had a 1 stream limit per Hopper system, meaning that one person watching one of these channels or on demand content on any Hopper/Joey would lock the rest of the house out with a "Bandwidth limit" error message. This apparently is an increase to that limit based on the Hopper you have. Haven't had the time to try it out yet but seems like a good change that will allow more internet delivered channels in the future.

This must be why I am having issues with my 4k Joey... no guide info showed, just empty space. Apps did not work with a pop-up saying that they are "fixing it, no need to worry". Everything loaded really slow. No artwork for on demand icons,, just text. Hopper is working fine. I reset the joey and same thing. I unplugged and got the guide back and apps back, but still slow loading although not as slow now. On demand icons still are text only. Network to hopper is fine, Internet connection is fine.
Along with unplugging your Joey, it might be a good idea to unplug the Hopper as well. It just might speed things up.

Dish Anywhere is still limited to one remote streaming instance per Hopper.

When they mention 3 streams they are talking about watching 3 different streaming channels such as VOD channels 107, 120, 136, 140, 197, 213 (Local Now), 290-35, 300 (VOD), 305 (Gallery), 318, 340, 350, 380, and 501 on your Hopper3 and attached Joey clients.

This will eliminate the complaints from customers that wanted to stream two VOD programs on their Hopper3 and Joey3 at the same time. But customers with poor internet speeds will probably start complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I always thought that they should of allowed at least 3 streams just for DISH Anywhere so you wouldn't have to use a joeys in the other rooms , saving you extra money. The video quality is about the same stream vs Joey over coax. This would of made me think twice about leaving, at least for a few more years, if they had allowed that.

I always thought that they should of allowed at least 3 streams just for DISH Anywhere so you wouldn't have to use a joeys in the other rooms , saving you extra money. The video quality is about the same stream vs Joey over coax. This would of made me think twice about leaving, at least for a few more years, if they had allowed that.
The TV Networks wouldn't allow more than one stream out of the house per device. (And they really didn't want even one streamed outside the house.)

I am told that it is in their contracts they would not increase that limit.

With a lot of the Dish Anywhere channels being streamed direct from the channels themselves I don't know if that counts as one stream from the house still. Or if one device can watch a direct streamed channel like USA Network while someone else is watching a non direct streamed channel such as TBS from the Hoppers Slingbox at the same time on different devices. I may have to test that sometime. :D

Now back to our regularly listed topic . . .

Our owned H3 has H313 and the Leased H3 got H315 this morning. Ever since the Leased unit won't stay on. The family was trying to watch the Olympics tonight on and the box kept shutting down. The only way to get it back is to Power Cycle it and it's two floors below them in the server room. The owned box has yet to get it and is working fine.

They switched over to the Peacock Channel off a Firestick 4K MAX and realized what they were missing by having streaming access and a whole area devoted to the Olympics other than chasing channels on the box. Oh and 4K picture or nicely upscaled 2K.

Is the increase in stream allowance in anticipation of the Hopper Plus being released?
Doubtful, I know they have been working on this increase for almost 2 years now as they know people want to watch Netflix in more than one room at a time. I guess there were a lot of moving pieces on the MOCA end to get this all to work. So glad they finally got it.

I always thought that they should of allowed at least 3 streams just for DISH Anywhere so you wouldn't have to use a joeys in the other rooms , saving you extra money....
Seems like that would be exactly what they don't want, losing them more revenue.

The "TapaTalk" problem hit me again. I posted above on my laptop and got here in the right place. Then I came back tonight to see if anyone had anything to say and once again found that when I posted from my tablet using "TapaTalk" I ended up in a similar post I had made last Fall. Still having problems Scott. Below is my post made just now in the Parallel Universe:

I originally posted under the New H315 thread. But once again since I posted: "Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk". I could end up anywhere. Don't you guys remember yelling at me for "resurrecting" old threads? Well it's still Tapatalk tagging threads that i see from 2013 as replied to hours ago even though the thread hasn't been touched in years . . .

Still having the Leased H3 dropping out. I have now set up the TV so that the H3 is not needed to watch Live. And will be moving the programming off to an EHD, after a "soft reset" to do a "Hard/Complete" Reset if needed. Haven't checked the owned H3 yet. But it worked fine all day.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"FOUND IT!!!"
Something was done to the way the H3 is dealing with the EDID. I set the splitter to: "Let it believe whatever it wants".
So far so good. But now that I have jinxed it.

But on the way, i ran the "Partial Reset" and a many things got "refreshed" and the picture looks better. So I'm going to force the update to the other H3 and run a "Partial Reset" on that machine to.

Tomorrow I'll have two piles of ashes.