Hopper 3 Software Version H315 Updated 2/16/2022

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I’m not finding the streaming limits working on 315. When I download an on demand, watching a streaming channel pauses that download. Changing back to a satellite channel resumes the on demand download.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am updating the "owned" unit this very second. No smoke yet. I haven't looked at the other H3 yet. But it was in use all night since the baker in the house had a huge kids cake due today. So she had it on in the background. So if there were any issues, I'd have heard about it.

Even if this install goes good, I'm still going to run the "Partial Reset". It really "refreshed" the H3. Just like I have been doing to my Macs since the Turn-of-the-Century and arrival of macOS 10.0. Long before Apple even had the thought to have the thought of it. "I like this!"

Reactions: charlesrshell
I haven't tried the update today but I tried 3 times yesterday and none of them worked. After asking for the update, the Hopper 3 restarted and still was on H313. When I tried to update again it said I was on H313 and it was the latest version. Later The H3 said it was downloading new software but after 30 minutes or so and after restarting it was still on H313.

Today, my Hopper 3 is still on H313 and my J3 is on J515.

Well, it’s H316 now installed on my box yesterday and I lost my EHD which had been rock solid (by dish standards) for over a year.

Thanks Dish!

Unplug your EHD, then unplug your Hopper. After reboot, plug the EHD back in. Do you see it now?
Will have to go that route. So annoying as for over a year, just a system reboot would fix it if it happened to disappear after the nightly reboot, or at most an EHD physical reconnect every few months.

Now we are back to the “unplug” everything solutions?

I manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers software to H316. All 3 of my external hard drives remained connected.

However my Joey3 software stayed at J315. I reset the Joey3 but the Joey3 software stayed at J315. According to the Hopper3 diagnostic screen my Joey3 software should be J316.

I was on 313 today, so I forced an update. Got 316. LONG process. Sees two of the three EHDs I tested. But would not transfer a folder from EHD to H3. Said zero selected. Saw third, but said it was empty. It’s not. Killed power by turning off it’s UPS. Waited a few seconds before restarting.

Hmmm. Still won’t transfer folder. But selecting a single or a few program and it transfers.

Now will not see the EHD it said was empty.

Brothers and Sisters! I say 317! Can I get an AMEN for that?

I was on 313 today, so I forced an update. Got 316. LONG process. Sees two of the three EHDs I tested. But would not transfer a folder from EHD to H3. Said zero selected. Saw third, but said it was empty. It’s not. Killed power by turning off it’s UPS. Waited a few seconds before restarting.

Hmmm. Still won’t transfer folder. But selecting a single or a few program and it transfers.

Brothers and Sisters! I say 317! Can I get an AMEN for that?
AMEN

Reactions: navychop
I saw that situation on an EHD from my 612 that was not plugged in for years. Somebody here (bookworm?) told me to send a hit from Dish, and voila. It reappeared. No, this should not be necessary IMHO, but at least it's possible to fix it without dealing with a CSR.
Well, I do have it transferring to the H3 from two EHDs simultaneously.
These were the two that always showed up?

[QUOTE="navychop, post: 4680653, member: 23274" ]But would not transfer a folder from EHD to H3. Said zero selected. Saw third, but said it was empty.?[/QUOTE]

I am confused when you say that you wanted to transfer a folder from your extended hard drive. You can not create or have folders on an extended hard drive. That is something that we have requested from Dish along with renaming programs.

Right. Bad choice of words. There was an EHD "grouping?" of "Underground Marvels." If from the main EHD listing, you press RED you can then Manage Recordings. Select that group. Press 6 to transfer. Next page gives you the option to press TRANSFER. But nothing happens. But then I noticed the top of the screen says something about zero selected. Yet that group has a big checkmark over it.

So from the main EHD listing (DVR, External Drive 1) select and enter the "Underground Marvels" group. Press RED button. Manage recordings. Pick 1-3 episodes and hit 6 to transfer. At next screen, press TRANSFER. It works.

I saw that situation on an EHD from my 612 that was not plugged in for years. Somebody here (bookworm?) told me to send a hit from Dish, and voila. It reappeared. No, this should not be necessary IMHO, but at least it's possible to fix it without dealing with a CSR.

These were the two that always showed up?
Yup, the disk is encrypted with part of the key being your account number. If the disk has been unplugged for a while a hit will cause the receiver to refresh both it's guide data and any connected devices. Not sure just why that's the case as the encryption is the same as your account number but they might have something else that might time out.

Glad you got it sorted.

At least H315 and 316 stabilized my two EHD's of 7TB and 1TB for 8TB total at once! It got broke a few releases back.

Right. Bad choice of words. There was an EHD "grouping?" of "Underground Marvels." If from the main EHD listing, you press RED you can then Manage Recordings. Select that group. Press 6 to transfer. Next page gives you the option to press TRANSFER. But nothing happens. But then I noticed the top of the screen says something about zero selected. Yet that group has a big checkmark over it.

So from the main EHD listing (DVR, External Drive 1) select and enter the "Underground Marvels" group. Press RED button. Manage recordings. Pick 1-3 episodes and hit 6 to transfer. At next screen, press TRANSFER. It works.
I've seen that bug with H315-6 as well. Sometimes if there are multiple recordings trying to transfer them all shows up as 0 selected. But if you go into the group and select individual ones until you've transferred them all it works.

Go figure, but at least there is a workaround so my wife doesn't fill up the internal drive.