Hopper 3 Stuck Version

MuckDuck

Original poster
Aug 16, 2022
Vegas
Hopper3 got reset to default and os is back to 313. When attempting to update says up to date.

Spoke with dish and they tried to push update nothing.

Left unit in idle mode for days hoping would update nada.

Now after reboot it is stuck on check switch and sits for ever and if attempt bypass to dish screen no dish or signal is found

Tested at lnb full signal.
Dish is saying might need a cloned updated drive or the tech install flash drive

Any input would be great

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
You can try putting the receiver in recovery mode, this will force download and install the latest software version from the satellite. Keep in mind before you do this that there is a slight chance for the DVR recordings to get deleted, and if done incorrectly/during inclement weather a chance to damage the receiver if there is an electrical fault during the upgrade. Backing up to a EHD might be a good idea.

While the receiver is on, hold the Power + Arrow Up buttons on the front of the receiver, keep holding until the receiver shuts off. Once the “Hopper starting up” screen appears, release the power button but keep holding the Arrow Up button. Eventually you will get to a blue screen showing “Bootloader Recovery” along with your receiver numbers. Release the Arrow Up botton, and leave it on this screen until it reboots into the new software (You will see a bunch of blue/red rectangles on the bottom indicating the progress).

You can try putting the receiver in recovery mode, this will force download and install the latest software version from the satellite. Keep in mind before you do this that there is a slight chance for the DVR recordings to get deleted, and if done incorrectly/during inclement weather a chance to damage the receiver if there is an electrical fault during the upgrade. Backing up to a EHD might be a good idea.

While the receiver is on, hold the Power + Arrow Up buttons on the front of the receiver, keep holding until the receiver shuts off. Once the “Hopper starting up” screen appears, release the power button but keep holding the Arrow Up button. Eventually you will get to a blue screen showing “Bootloader Recovery” along with your receiver numbers. Release the Arrow Up botton, and leave it on this screen until it reboots into the new software (You will see a bunch of blue/red rectangles on the bottom indicating the progress).
Not worried about records but for sure will try this.

Reactions: charlesrshell
well day later and nothing just the first sqaure turns red then goes back to blue.

Hooked up wally to test signal and everything seems fine

During setup it stalls at looking for satellite.

Spoke to Dish Today

Because I am at a location a tech can not be dispached to they said see if know anyone with updated hopper that has skillz to clone drive and send me iso of

Issue seems software so old that the virtual switch is not working.
If I buy a dp42 would that work?

Spoke to Dish Today

Because I am at a location a tech can not be dispached to they said see if know anyone with updated hopper that has skillz to clone drive and send me iso of

That doesn't sound right.....

It was off the record of course. Im on a island so no tech can provide service.
I ended up ordering a unit off ebay but hate wasting 300 bucks

It was off the record of course. Im on a island so no tech can provide service.
Are you out of the US? Your profile said Vegas, so I was surprised when you said you were not in a area a tech can get to, and now with the mention of an island.

Hooked up wally to test signal and everything seems fine

During setup it stalls at looking for satellite.
This worries me, is the Wally the one that stalls? Is it stalling during the setup wizard? If so, it might be a signal/LNB problem rather then your Hopper.

on negit ilsand cali.

for 3 months work related nothing here but dirt and water.
The hopper 3 wont find signal so wont update
if i bypass and go to sat screen it shows no switch or node and no sats

Tested with wally and worked find.

Reactions: TheKrell
Spoke to Dish Today

A location a tech can't get to??? How do you get on and off the island?
A DPH42 Switch is for installing 2 Hopper 3's. Seems like something has happened to the Hopper. A new one is probably your only recourse

Reactions: charlesrshell