Hopper 3 Upgrade and Joeys won't download software!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
Tech just left. Apparently according to his Dish tech support there is an issue starting today, (just my luck) that Joey's get stuck at 13 or 14% software download and stop. Said there is no known workaround yet.

Fantastic! We rebooted the Joey's before he called in and 2 of them went to bootstrap error! He replaced those two and it seems there is nothing to do but wait and see how many hours it will take for the Joeys to start working.

Got the upgrade after two 722 replacements and the 922 software glitch two days ago.

If I didn't hate, loathe and abhor DirecTV so much.......

Someone had a similar, bootstrap error with their 922 DVRs earlier in the week. A DIRT rep actually posted a keypress sequence that is supposed to clear this up. Can't say it will work on a Joey though.

I am a retail tech and this exact thing happened to me today, it took the 5th phone call to dish for them to tell me that there was an issue. I spent all day trouble shooting with no luck

I am a retail tech and this exact thing happened to me today, it took the 5th phone call to dish for them to tell me that there was an issue. I spent all day trouble shooting with no luck

I hate when they do that. Exede is the worst. It seems like whenever their provisioning isn't working, which is often, their standard response is that it must be your browser.

10 hours and Joeys still not working, NHLCI not authorized on Hopper and my ear and ass chewed off by wife.

Thanks Dish!

H3 is working with the exception of NHL Center Ice not working.

At least the call I just got off of fixed Center Ice.

Joey's still stuck at 13-14%. Will take pic

IMG_20161208_224857.jpg

11 hours, resets dont work. They are sending another tech in the morning

I plugged ethernet into one of the joeys and overnight it now seems to be operational and at activate your receiver screen.

The other two are still stuck at 13%

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)