Hopper 3 Upgrade Costs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

atl630

Original poster
May 18, 2016
NJ USA
Hi All - I have been following this site for a while, but just registered to ask this:

I have a Hopper 2 w/ Sling and no joeys. I wanted to add a Joey (preferably 4K for when I get a new TV) and upgrade to the Hopper 3. I have called Dish twice and chatted 2-3 times and keep getting different answers on what this will cost me. The last chat + call I was told that I would need to pay $150 for the Hopper + $50 for a Joey 2.0 and either add the $8/month service contract or pay $100 for the install.

Is this $150 fee normal? They said I would have to sign up for a new 2 year contract, if thats the case then why would I pay $150 upfront?

As for the Joey - not once have they told me what the 4K joey would cost me. The best I could get was that I could pay $50 for a Joey 2 or sign a 2 year contract and get it for free.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Depends on what package you have, how long you are with dish, payment history, under contract or not.... And you can negotiate. What i heard is $50 for 4k joey is pretty much what most people paid. But rest is variable...

$150 for the hopper is pretty normal as is $50 for a 4K Joey. I was able to get mine no charge but that's rare. I believe the Joey 2s usually are no charge but it all depends on your customer rating.

Thanks for the input - they wont even quote me on the 4K joey. They just keep saying $50 for the Joey 2

I have only been with Dish for 1 year (was with DTV for 6-7 years before that). I have the 79.99$ package.

Is it because my credit score? When I signed up it was about 80 points lower than it is now

Thanks for the input - they wont even quote me on the 4K joey. They just keep saying $50 for the Joey 2

I have only been with Dish for 1 year (was with DTV for 6-7 years before that). I have the 79.99$ package.

Is it because my credit score? When I signed up it was about 80 points lower than it is now
People really seem to get straight and good answers from the DIRT team.

Try contacting a DIRT member. Israel is http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/members/israelh-dish.198529/ is logged in now. Click on link and start a conversation with him.

Hi All - I have been following this site for a while, but just registered to ask this:

I have a Hopper 2 w/ Sling and no joeys. I wanted to add a Joey (preferably 4K for when I get a new TV) and upgrade to the Hopper 3. I have called Dish twice and chatted 2-3 times and keep getting different answers on what this will cost me. The last chat + call I was told that I would need to pay $150 for the Hopper + $50 for a Joey 2.0 and either add the $8/month service contract or pay $100 for the install.

Is this $150 fee normal? They said I would have to sign up for a new 2 year contract, if thats the case then why would I pay $150 upfront?

As for the Joey - not once have they told me what the 4K joey would cost me. The best I could get was that I could pay $50 for a Joey 2 or sign a 2 year contract and get it for free.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Hello alt, Hopper upgrades are much like upgrading a phone with your cell phone carrier. Fee's can vary depending on account history, billing and payment history, time with DISH. Upgrade fees are also subject to credit approval. We can help you with a private message. Please provide your telephone number and PIN in the message.

Being still under contract may not help.

I'm not upgrading to the H3, but I sure wouldn't pay to do so if I was. Of course, I pay Dish a good bit more per month, have near perfect credit and have been with them for many years.

Just getting my upgrade installed today - going from 2 original hoppers and 3 original joeys to (1) Hopper 3, (1) 4K Joey and (3) Joey 2.0. I was only charged $50 for the 4K Joey and my monthly bill will actually go down $2. But I have been with Dish since 2000, am signed up for auto pay, have great credit (but still had to do credit card gaurantee in case I don't return equipment)

I was a fairly new customer, after 2 months into my contact I wanted to upgrade to h3 and a 4k joey. I had to negotiate a bit, but I got the upgraded equipment free. I expected to pay $50 for the 4k joey because that was pretty standard, but in the process of arguing about the $150 upgrade for the h3 they gave me the 4k joey for free as well. I paid $10 for the service call because I still had the introductory 6 free months of the protection plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)