Hopper 3 Upgrade

mudbug2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Baton Rouge, La
I currently have two hoppers and three wired Joeys.

Called to upgrade to H3 and 3 wireless Joeys and was told that the H3 does not support the wireless Joeys.

Offered me HWS 1 wired Super Joey and 2 wireless Joeys for the total installed cost of $50.00.

Not what I wanted.

Went to online chat and they said that the H3 does support wireless joeys, which I figured was the case.

H3 with 3 wireless Joeys $75 + $95 install fee, would wave fee if I added protection plan.

Are these fees inline with others are getting? I see other are getting the install fee waved.

Called to upgrade to H3 and 3 wireless Joeys and was told that the H3 does not support the wireless Joeys.

Offered me HWS 1 wired Super Joey and 2 wireless Joeys for the total installed cost of $50.00.

Not what I wanted.

Went to online chat and they said that the H3 does support wireless joeys, which I figured was the case.

H3 with 3 wireless Joeys $75 + $95 install fee, would wave fee if I added protection plan.

Are these fees inline with others are getting? I see other are getting the install fee waved.
In one of their "Agreements" Dish shows Wireless Joeys as $25 each. Install fee seems to vary.

i just told tommy about what is going with the facebook and the social app he said that he will help me i appreciate his help out alot.
Speaking of FB - I don't use it much but my wife's "page" in Dish only shows a few very old posts - like 2010-2011. Not sure if that was one of the issues mentioned.

Not what I wanted.

I currently have a H3, Joey2 and a wireless Joey all working fine. Someone was confused.

Wireless Joeys DO work with the H3 - my parents have a H3 and 2 wireless Joey setup and it works great.

Costs for upgrades depends on several factors - it is hard to compare what you are offered versus others since Dish uses a super-secret tier system to determine upgrade costs. My upgrade to a H3 and single wired Joey was free with no install fee - but I have been a Dish customer for 10+ years, was out of contract and have always had the protection plan.

DIRT can probably get you a better deal than a random CSR on chat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)