Hopper 3 Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mudbug2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Baton Rouge, La
I currently have two hoppers and three wired Joeys.

Called to upgrade to H3 and 3 wireless Joeys and was told that the H3 does not support the wireless Joeys.

Offered me HWS 1 wired Super Joey and 2 wireless Joeys for the total installed cost of $50.00.

Not what I wanted.

Went to online chat and they said that the H3 does support wireless joeys, which I figured was the case.

H3 with 3 wireless Joeys $75 + $95 install fee, would wave fee if I added protection plan.

Are these fees inline with others are getting? I see other are getting the install fee waved.

Called to upgrade to H3 and 3 wireless Joeys and was told that the H3 does not support the wireless Joeys.

Offered me HWS 1 wired Super Joey and 2 wireless Joeys for the total installed cost of $50.00.

Not what I wanted.

Went to online chat and they said that the H3 does support wireless joeys, which I figured was the case.

H3 with 3 wireless Joeys $75 + $95 install fee, would wave fee if I added protection plan.

Are these fees inline with others are getting? I see other are getting the install fee waved.
In one of their "Agreements" Dish shows Wireless Joeys as $25 each. Install fee seems to vary.

i just told tommy about what is going with the facebook and the social app he said that he will help me i appreciate his help out alot.
Speaking of FB - I don't use it much but my wife's "page" in Dish only shows a few very old posts - like 2010-2011. Not sure if that was one of the issues mentioned.

Not what I wanted.

I currently have a H3, Joey2 and a wireless Joey all working fine. Someone was confused.

Wireless Joeys DO work with the H3 - my parents have a H3 and 2 wireless Joey setup and it works great.

Costs for upgrades depends on several factors - it is hard to compare what you are offered versus others since Dish uses a super-secret tier system to determine upgrade costs. My upgrade to a H3 and single wired Joey was free with no install fee - but I have been a Dish customer for 10+ years, was out of contract and have always had the protection plan.

DIRT can probably get you a better deal than a random CSR on chat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts