Hopper 3 - Version H348

BatStang2000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 25, 2007
Anyone else received H348 on their H3? I would never have known I got it except it missed a couple of recordings and the first thing I always check is to see if an update has been applied. It also gets about 9-10 minutes into a DVR'd program and then suddenly stops and shows something strange like -32,xxxx seconds to go. No way I have found to resume the program after that. btw , it appears it was updated on 06/07/2023 at 4:53 AM.

• Sad
Reactions: LQQK and TheKrell
I have done a soft reset (home,home,home,tools, reset hopper) and after that did a hard reset (remove from power, let sit for a while, and plug back in).
After that it did record the programs it was supposed to and it allowed me to watch recorded programs all the way through without stopping.
I was surprised no one else had mentioned the H348 update. Hopefully this will help someone.

I have done a soft reset (home,home,home,tools, reset hopper) and after that did a hard reset (remove from power, let sit for a while, and plug back in).
After that it did record the programs it was supposed to and it allowed me to watch recorded programs all the way through without stopping.
I was surprised no one else had mentioned the H348 update. Hopefully this will help someone.
Us techs haven't even heard about it, they usually tell us the day before.

Anyone else received H348 on their H3? I would never have known I got it except it missed a couple of recordings and the first thing I always check is to see if an update has been applied. It also gets about 9-10 minutes into a DVR'd program and then suddenly stops and shows something strange like -32,xxxx seconds to go. No way I have found to resume the program after that. btw , it appears it was updated on 06/07/2023 at 4:53 AM.
Thanks for posting this...is your receiver connected to the internet? I'd like to get some more details for the engineering team...

Is the DVR issue easily reproducible? You can DM me your receiver number and I can add it to the list that we're investigating for "missing recordings". Can you also tell me what you're trying to record and the behavior you see in the guide/timer list etc.

Also is it affecting ALL recordings/timers or just some? I'm wondering if this may be related to some of the migration moves where SD channels existed and have been replaced by HD versions and the timers are not behaving correctly.

Thanks!

Depending on the SW development process being used, release version number may not be contiguous.

Many “releases“ may be done internally to the SW development group before a release is deemed viable for public release. Some companies use separate internal and external release number schemes, other use one release number scheme for both internal and external. It would appear Dish is using the later and why we see “gaps” in the release numbers.

And still no info to the techs. Ever since hopper release I think this is the first time that dish hasn't told us first about a software update and what it adds or fixes.

However on our receiver versions page I do see that it shows hopper plus and joey4s had an update go out yesterday going from versions xx701 to xx710

Reactions: charlesrshell
And still no info to the techs. Ever since hopper release I think this is the first time that dish hasn't told us first about a software update and what it adds or fixes.

However on our receiver versions page I do see that it shows hopper plus and joey4s had an update go out yesterday going from versions xx701 to xx710
Seems like they don't tell us anything anymore. Look at my most recent posts in the portal. 10 years ago, that was vital to visit to ask questions, find solutions. No longer.

(For those who don't know, Troy and I have "known" each other for some years form the Dish Tech Portal I've mentioned on here)

Mine was updated to 349 overnight, seems to be behaving well, so far.

Good to hear, let me know if you experience any issues and I can dig in.

Seems like they don't tell us anything anymore. Look at my most recent posts in the portal. 10 years ago, that was vital to visit to ask questions, find solutions. No longer.

(For those who don't know, Troy and I have "known" each other for some years form the Dish Tech Portal I've mentioned on here)

Unfortunately I can't speak to the communication plans for techs in the field. I can raise the question with the team though.

The add/fix is a new video player to support a bunch of IP features. It's a very very very large change which is why we're targeting small IP connected populations that we have high visibility on - and with IP rollouts we can roll people back to a stable version if we see anything major broken.

For sure.
I miss the days of Frank Wolf and Jessica Brom lol.

I received 348 on 6/8. The problem I have now is dvr playback. It lags when hitting any function key,ff/rw. I've noticed that hitting the rewind once does nothing. I have to hit it twice to initiate the rewind, afterwards, it functions properly. After sitting 30secs, have to press rewind twice for it to function.
Overall, I have noticed the hoppers response lags.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell