Hopper 3 - What 3 Things Would You Change?

1. Add Local News Streaming apps, almost all stations want you to watch their local news, there are no DMA restrictions for this and they play commercials to make money, Dish can add apps with simple URLS to play them. The Roku does this today with several apps.

2. Add all Streaming apps like Amazon, HBO Go ect

3. Add a NOAA Local Radar App, the weather channel and weather nations radar is bad, it should be like what you get on your iPhone, high quality
Why? As said in the Dish press release, Dish is Hiring 100 new App developers, Apple has also said the future of TV is about the apps

Yes!!

1. Add Local News Streaming apps, almost all stations want you to watch their local news, there are no DMA restrictions for this and they play commercials to make money, Dish can add apps with simple URLS to play them. The Roku does this today with several apps.

2. Add all Streaming apps like Amazon, HBO Go ect

3. Add a NOAA Local Radar App, the weather channel and weather nations radar is bad, it should be like what you get on your iPhone, high quality
Why? As said in the Dish press release, Dish is Hiring 100 new App developers, Apple has also said the future of TV is about the apps
that app for local news streaming app is called newson
http://newson.us/
where different tv station companies and their stations are voluntary to join where you can watch their stations newscasts there are over 150 tv stations on newson right now.who knows what dish is doing with those apps like amazon etc..just pointing what he scottchez says

Last edited:
Here's one that hasn't been mentioned - make the Netflix search actually stay off when I set it to off - right now it's turning itself back on every night (on all boxes & each has to be turned off again).

I don't get my H3 install until tomorrow, but I just wanted to say:

1. Option to disable Home Screen
2. Option to disable banner
3. 3 hour guide
Now that that's out of the way, on with the install.

Reactions: voodooevil
1. Keep sd channels stretched as saved function.

2. Fix the bug for dvr recordings showing watched.

1. Home Screen from standby disable option.
2. Option do disable banner in Guide
3. Rework of the OTA setup menu to allow to add channels manually.
I don't want to lose channels after a new scan just because it overwrites the existing scan. To make it short, make the OTA setup like on the 722 receiver.

Reactions: D. Manley
1. Bring back the 1:25am reboot.

2. Slow down the speed it performs all its tasks like guide scrolls and channel change.

3. Bring back conflicts so I only record the shows I really like.

4. Stop doing software upgrades so whiners have something to post here.

5. Don't bring back a record button.

1. Fix the OTA Dongle so it doesn't glitch every 3-5 seconds
  2. When I jump into a currently recording program and skip forward to Live TV, switch to Live TV mode instead of stoping playback when the recording ends.
  3. Folders: More than five, please, and maybe add a Passcode on specific folders for Parental vs. younger Family fare.

Reactions: DWS44
1. Folders for EHDs
2. 4x FF and back
3. Fix FF so it doesn't jump 5-10 minutes when stopped. It is very undependable.

Reactions: DWS44
1. Improve guide scrolling speed on Joey 2.
2. Fix issue where SD screen format setting won't save. Ex. Setting to stretch is fine, but the next day it reverts back to normal.
3. Consistency. Remove HD icons in program descriptions. There is no longer an HD icon for the channel in the guide; only one for an SD channel. Therefore there shouldn't be an HD icon in program info either.

1. Live TV buffers while you are watching a DVRd program.

2. Info screen that doesn't push video into the corner...

3. Screen saver on paused shows....

With 16 tuners we can now just hit record for anything.....

True... But it's a pain to have to go into the guide and record the next show, etc... It's nice to be able to pause a show, watch another recorded show, then go back to live tv and commercial skip, etc... Having to manage that shouldn't be required.

One of the thing I'm missing from Directv are the dual 90 minute buffers that are always live....

Reactions: spoiler1041

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)