Hopper 3

mikfort51

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Grain Valley, Missouri
I currently have 2 722's and would like to get a hopper 3 but don't want a 2 year commitment as fast as dishnetwork is shedding subscribers. Do you see them being around in 2 years with basically the same programming they. currently have

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I don’t see them not being around. Could the company look different, yes it could but I don’t see them going away. Programming is always subject to change

Reactions: joegr
They will be here in 2 years but the guarantee on the same programming is impossible to predict. Just dont count on being able to subscribe to your favorite regional sports network. With all of the carriage disputes (HBO, Sinclair, etc.) the rest is a crap shoot.

You could always purchase your own H3 and Joey so there would not be a commitment. You would also need the hybrid equipment to go with it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I currently have 2 722's and would like to get a hopper 3 but don't want a 2 year commitment as fast as dishnetwork is shedding subscribers. Do you see them being around in 2 years with basically the same programming they. currently have

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
DIsh isn't "shedding" subscribers

Yep, losses of Dish subscribers seems to have slowed.

Not many changes over the next two years. I think they’ve got at least 5, more likely at least 10, more years. And they’ll likely be around after then, but in what form with what offerings? I view the threat now being more from content owners keeping it all in house, in an attempt to force direct subscriptions. As more do this, it will drive up costs and inconvenience. And, IMHO, fail. Especially in an economic downturn. Can a content owner successfully shift subs from month to month to 1 or 2 year contracts?

Yep, losses of Dish subscribers seems to have slowed.

Not many changes over the next two years. I think they’ve got at least 5, more likely at least 10, more years. And they’ll likely be around after then, but in what form with what offerings? I view the threat now being more from content owners keeping it all in house, in an attempt to force direct subscriptions. As more do this, it will drive up costs and inconvenience. And, IMHO, fail. Especially in an economic downturn. Can a content owner successfully shift subs from month to month to 1 or 2 year contracts?
I hope that DISH subscribers start to increase. I wonder what shape the satellites are in and how much longer they will last! Does Charlie have any new satellites being built?

Didn’t someone post earlier that none off the three satcos has a satellite on order, or as far as known, under development?

Not sure how much development is needed. Any advances in this seemingly mature field of KU satellites?

Didn’t someone post earlier that none off the three satcos has a satellite on order, or as far as known, under development?

Not sure how much development is needed. Any advances in this seemingly mature field of KU satellites?

Three satcos?

I don't know about Echostar but I know that Viasat has at least three geosync communications sats being built.

I hope that DISH subscribers start to increase. I wonder what shape the satellites are in and how much longer they will last! Does Charlie have any new satellites being built?

The last Sat launched was in 2010, anyone know what the average lifespan is, with fuel and all the other variables?

Just curious. Do u buy Hopper 3, Joeys used from folks who no longer need them? or Amazon? If u do, r u responsible to set them up without Dish contractors coming to your house?

Just curious. Do u buy Hopper 3, Joeys used from folks who no longer need them? or Amazon? If u do, r u responsible to set them up without Dish contractors coming to your house?
If you buy them, from someone other than Dish, yes. If you buy them from Dish, they will install them. If you buy them third party, you can pay Dish to install them.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)