This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hopper 3Woes

It is not and does not. We had many devices on DishAnywhere. As soon as the H3 came on line now limited to 5. Now Dish call reps are saying it should be reversed but so far nothing I've been told is accurate. You might be happy but considering the gains Dishhas made during my time with them this experience is simply not as presented and backwards as a provider.

You think that is not going to change with the new UI on the other boxes? Lol. Unfortunately, that does not "work not as described". And the ETF would remain valid.

I can't get the link to post, but just do a search on Amazon for the WD 2TB My Book Desktop External Drive.

Echostar accomplishes this with the Channel Master DVR+ using Rovi--now TiVo--EPG and metadata . I don't think Charlie cares if the EPG bug on the CM DVR+ or on Dish EPG OTA subchannel data reads "TiVo" (Dish recently re-upped with Rovi on its voice command tech/patents), the roadblock is that it would cost Dish more MONEY, something Ergen detests. Of course, Gracenote (formerly Tribune) has EPG and metedata for OTA subchannels (When TiVo was using Gracenote, they had close to complete OTA sub-channel data), but it would likely cost Dish more money to access and provide it. I'm all for complete EPG for OTA sub channel, but, knowing how cheap Charlie is, I won't be counting on it. I just hope we will be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Never seen such whining over both minor and inaccurate complaints... The Hopper3 is a superb advanced DVR. I'm sure the OP would be happier somewhere else and could maybe spend a ton of time and effort trying to get California to get him out of his 2 year commitment.

Again if I were you I would cancel now and move on. Seems to me you will never be satisfied. Something tells me you get free dinners. Money off many bills. Not that you don't have a few legit complaints. BUT. With 500 posts you did zero homework and were/are totally blindsided by everything? Personal responsibly? If you did no homework, you at least had the ability and opportunity to do so. IMO. You can always sue! Good luck!

Knowing cheap Charlie, I'm sure if he could charge us a small DISH FEE for advanced 14 day guide via the internet, he would .

You haven't setup the remote to control your receiver correctly then. Go to menu, settings, remote control settings. Under customizations you have a item called volume and mute buttons, It defaults to control tv's volume. Select it and it goes to control aux devices volume. Easy as that and you can stay in sat mode like the 40 remote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2