Hopper + and Joey 4 - worth the risk?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skatsinas

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
Tucson AZ
I have a Hopper 3 and 2 Joey 3's, on TCL Android TVs. Wondering about the "Plus."

I would like to have the 540 channels on my Joeys, and wouldn't mind more integration between Dish and my apps -- favorites are Paramount +, HULU, HBOMax, Peacock, and France 24 (via Roku stick).

But my wife struggles with all my remotes -- would this "upgrade" simplify her life? And for me, might I be able to record off those apps into the Hopper? And as a

Regards,

Scott in Tucson

I don't have one but there's many negative comments in the other tread. Based on my wife's experience with the Joey 3 that she used I would never consider the Plus setup.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a Hopper 3 and 2 Joey 3's, on TCL Android TVs. Wondering about the "Plus."

I would like to have the 540 channels on my Joeys, and wouldn't mind more integration between Dish and my apps -- favorites are Paramount +, HULU, HBOMax, Peacock, and France 24 (via Roku stick).

But my wife struggles with all my remotes -- would this "upgrade" simplify her life? And for me, might I be able to record off those apps into the Hopper? And as a

Regards,

Scott in Tucson
I guess it's like gambling. A lot of posts on here about numerous difficulties, especially in troubleshooting with different televisions. My experience has overall been a good one, but I only share one key issue and that is the speed of the skip forward/back. That regresses to a painful 3 second wait and really makes skipping through commercials a guessing game of how long the break is. Since I don't have any other issues, it's been a Plus for me as I enjoy the one input. I retired a Fire Cube and a buggy Harmony Elite remote with the change. I like having my recorded programs, apps, and live TV suggestions on one home page. And I was having a lot of issues with input switching through my AVR. All of that said, I wouldn't sign up for Plus yet unless you have a higher threshold for problem solving and you're willing to wait (now at 5 months) for the update on the skip.

A few months ago I would have told you to stay away from the Plus, But it has improved greatly. in the past few months. Yes some folks are having some strange issues, but honestly I dont know how widespread the issues are as its only a small handful of people having those issues with speciffic hardware. With that said I still like the Joey 4's a lot better then the Plus units.

If you have an Android TV, I’m not sure the Plus will bring anything to the party.

Does your TV let you connect to YT, Netflix etc?

If you have an Android TV, I’m not sure the Plus will bring anything to the party.

Does your TV let you connect to YT, Netflix etc?

Yes. Only possible advantage I see to Plus MIGHT be the integration, but we're getting used to changing INPUT source.

I OWN my Joey 3s -- does that create any upgrade issues/opportunities?

--Scott

Can't speak to the Joey part as I don't have one.
After having the H+ for 11 days it is has settled down a lot.I have a Harmony remote and a roku so changing inputs is a really easy thing but I do like the integration.
It didn't cost me anything and I can always disconnect it so why not?

A few months ago I would have told you to stay away from the Plus, But it has improved greatly. in the past few months. Yes some folks are having some strange issues, but honestly I dont know how widespread the issues are as its only a small handful of people having those issues with speciffic hardware. With that said I still like the Joey 4's a lot better then the Plus units.
Does DISH say how it is going fixing the slow skip forward and back issue?

Reactions: navychop
I really like those also. Even the wireless have gotten better than they were when they were first released.