Hopper Apps not working and Disk Space percentages HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

flaboye

Original poster
Jan 24, 2014
Florida
I had the HWS installed going on two weeks ago now. One HWS, one Joey. They both finally updated S335 and S363 for joey.

Since the install the only app that works is facebook I think. The account info app doesn't, Pandora doesn't, photo sharing does not, weather channel app doesn't, games don't, etc. Called in a few times, they state it's a "known issue" The dish music app hangs, the one for Sirius XM does work however.

But, I have seen others say their apps work. So, this isn't a real big deal but I'm wondering if my HWS and Joey are defective, the same things that don't work on the HWS don't work on the Joey either.

Dish anywhere works fine, downloading VOD's work, etc. It's not an internet connection issue. Moca works great, full signal. If I disable bridging and just hook Joey up via Ethernet, same thing, internet connection is fine, etc.

Other thing is disk usage. I delete the PTAT after watching them, there are no other recordings but the percentage keeps climbing, now it says 25% full with 0 recordings, but it never seems to "reclaim" space. Will it continue until 100% even though there are zero recordings which there is (nothing on the system)?

Anyone else experience this but figure out a way for things to actually work?

-Joe

Not sure about the apps, but can speak to the disk space issue.

I don't use PTAT, but whenever I delete a normal recording it sits in the "Deleted Recordings" folder for a certain period of time (maybe a day or two? Never really checked how long it stays there). Once it is removed from that folder, you should regain your disk space. The folder is there in case you delete something you didn't mean to.

Thanks for replying. I do delete them immediately (from the deleted recordings folder) that is the ones I recorded separate from ptat, or bb&home stuff. When you delete a ptat recording there is no deleted folders that it goes to (yes I've checked). So this doesn't seem to be an issue that it's still sitting in deleted recordings. I'm wondering if I turned of ptat for a week or so if it would settle itself down or something, not sure. I'm really curious about why no apps are working.

Thanks again !

Not sure about the apps, but can speak to the disk space issue.

I don't use PTAT, but whenever I delete a normal recording it sits in the "Deleted Recordings" folder for a certain period of time (maybe a day or two? Never really checked how long it stays there). Once it is removed from that folder, you should regain your disk space. The folder is there in case you delete something you didn't mean to.

48 hours

Remember that the trash recovery folder is only for things from the internal disk.
Any delete from the EHD is final, after the "Are you sure" message is accepted.
This is needed as there are no trash folders on EHDs and then space would not be freed.
The remaining space on the IHD is available until overwritten, although limited as above.
Question, when does the trashing increase the internal free space as quoted?
-Ken

Beside maybe Pandora, does anyone actually use any of the apps on the Hopper? I see lots of complaints that they don't work well or are not available right away. I find it hard to believe that there are that many people that actually use these apps.

Game finder is great especially mapping out weekend games

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Pandora seems like the only useful app but that's just me. The rest are faster to just check on my iPhone or iPad. Sometimes using apps on a set top box seem like more work than anything else.

The Weather Channel app. Almost never the others.

See, to me that seems like one of the worthless apps. I don't find the weather channel to be very accurate for my local weather especially with my antenna I get my local news/weather 24/7 on a sub station. Once again, I have numerous apps on my iPhone that provide much more accurate weather info and I can bring it up much faster.

Game finder is great especially mapping out weekend games

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Yep, I found a particular recent college hoops game I was looking for with Game Finder that would have been a hard to find otherwise. The game was on an Alt HD RSN channel....

Yep, I found a particular recent college hoops game I was looking for with Game Finder that would have been a hard to find otherwise. The game was on an Alt HD RSN channel....
A Dish Pass (Seek and Record) timer would have picked it right up. ;)

Last edited:
See, to me that seems like one of the worthless apps. I don't find the weather channel to be very accurate for my local weather especially with my antenna I get my local news/weather 24/7 on a sub station. Once again, I have numerous apps on my iPhone that provide much more accurate weather info and I can bring it up much faster.

I find it reasonably accurate. I have no smartphone and the only sub-channel here with weather is useless. On my pc I can of course get weather as needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)