Hopper Back to 1AM Reboot (without warning)?

BTW - One of the things that I really like about the "Sat-Guys" forum is that (most) everyone really tries to listen and come up with helpful solutions to problems which affect most (if not all) of us. And they do so without personal barbs and "digs". It's not always that way elsewhere.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
BTW - One of the things that I really like about the "Sat-Guys" forum is that (most) everyone really tries to listen and come up with helpful solutions to problems which affect most (if not all) of us. And they do so without personal barbs and "digs". It's not always that way elsewhere.
Yeah...but there's still a few outliers.

PETITION UPDATE
Facebook post from DISH Network

Brent Daugherty
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA

MAR 19, 2014 — This was posted by a rep today on Facebook, but they have been saying this now for 2+ years, so who knows if they will actually listen to their customers and do something:

"I know you want to have the ability to set the updates for the time you want. Requests have been filed to have an option to pick Nightly Updates for the Hopper/Hopper w/Sling HD DVR’s. Thanks."

Mike H

I'm not sure if this is our current "Mike H" DIRT rep (?)

PETITION UPDATE
Facebook post from DISH Network

Brent Daugherty
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA

MAR 19, 2014 — This was posted by a rep today on Facebook, but they have been saying this now for 2+ years, so who knows if they will actually listen to their customers and do something:

"I know you want to have the ability to set the updates for the time you want. Requests have been filed to have an option to pick Nightly Updates for the Hopper/Hopper w/Sling HD DVR’s. Thanks."

Mike H

I'm not sure if this is our current "Mike H" DIRT rep (?)

Yes- that is Mike with DIRT. We monitor our Facebook page as well as forums and Twitter. "Requests have been filed" just means we submitted feedback about what you are requesting. This does not guarantee that a change will be made

Yes- that is Mike with DIRT. We monitor our Facebook page as well as forums and Twitter. "Requests have been filed" just means we submitted feedback about what you are requesting. This does not guarantee that a change will be made
I guess the "no-guarantee" is fairly obvious
Yeah...but there's still a few outliers.
You are soooo right - I wondered how long it would take...........

OK. I am so confused. I turn off my HwS at about 9:30pm and leave for the night. Come back at 2:15am and want to watch International news on Brexit and at 2:29am I get the "Announced" update window. Why didn't the unit update at 1:30ish a.m. like everyone is complaining about? Even though I have gotten it at all hours of the early morning, there's no rhyme or reason. It seems that it updates not when it needs to, but when you want to watch/don't want it to. This has happened many many times. Sounds to me like any movement that has been made on the "Update Debacle" has taken a "personal" turn. "Shut Up or I'll update when you are watching!" A true "Ghost in the Machine". No wonder I'm often short a tuner, "it's" watching it! <insert "Twilight Zone" or "Jaws" theme here>

Reactions: charlesrshell
My Hopper 3 has decided it is going to go to sleep at 8:57 PM every night. I am watching most nights and it goes to the "screen saver" screen at that time even if I am using the guide or have just changed channels. Hit "select" and it comes back on. Not the end of the world but annoying!

Charlie monitors this forum and has selected a small number of members to have a little gray cloud hover over them and rain on their parade, periodically. That is the only explanation that comes to mind. :D:D

Reactions: xfoneguy
Guess it's midnight CDT. PITA. What a stupid design. I seldom watch this late but a game went late tonight. At least post a warning with an option to delay once or twice.

Guess it's midnight CDT. PITA. What a stupid design. I seldom watch this late but a game went late tonight. At least post a warning with an option to delay once or twice.
yes, absolutely.... maybe i need to put a clock directly above :idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts