Hopper Beta testing

Maybe he meant "Scientific Wild Ass Guess". But that's an oxymoron, and I would not expect navychop to utter such a thing.

Although I know that beta testers are not allowed to comment, it would be interesting to see how a two hopper setup is testing out. I would love to know how the seamless integration of the two hoppers and several joeys is progressing. At CES the demo had one hopper and a couple of joeys and it seemed to be working quite will according to reports. Putting two hoppers seamlessly into the mix sounds like it would be a difficult task. I hope this does not cause any delays.

think of it this way. hopper 1 presents its streams to the network. joeys see the streams and you can pick one of them to view. add another hopper and all you are doing is adding more streams. there is more then enough bandwidth for the TV streams and 'back channel' data for the devices to talk to each other.
just like adding a second server to your network. now your computer can go to either one to get what you are looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)