Question for one of the Dirt crew

GOHAWKS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
Sioux City,Iowa
I recently moved from Zip code 51104 to 57049, as the bird flys this is probably about 5 miles, It is form Iowa to South Dakota, "just across river", all locals are the same, but went form having, Big Ten,
Fox Sports Midwest,Fox Sports North,CSN Chicago, to just Fox Sports North. I had to subscribe to the Multi-sport package to get the Big Ten, I use to get it as part of my America's Top 250 package before, This wouldn't be a big deal but even though I subscribe to Multi-sport all the fox channels say there not available to me.
With all the locals be the same,even the spot beam, why did I take a hit on my sports stuff.
Thanks for your time
If you can IM me some time I can get you more info.

South Dakota is just claimed by the Twins whereas Iowa is claimed by 6 MLB teams

The rule of Big 10 Net as a RSN is you have to be in a Big10 state (in most cases...there are some parts of PA where it isnt). Otherwise its the sports pack
My buddy is the same way. He lives in Wahpeton, ND and doesnt get Big10 yet across the river in Breckenridge, MN its included

Last edited:
per the D* RSN lookup (yeah I know this is Dish but the rules are pretty much the same)
old zip
Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (Ch. 665) - HD Available
Chicago Blackhawks (HD Available)
Chicago Bulls (HD Available)
Cubs (HD Available)
White Sox (HD Available)

FS North HD (Ch. 668) - HD Available
Brewers (HD Available)
Minnesota Timberwolves (HD Available)
Twins (HD Available)

FS Midwest HD (Ch. 671) - HD Available
Cardinals (HD Available)
Royals (HD Available)
St. Louis Blues (HD Available)

new zip drop all but the MN sports

Here is the MLB map on who claims what
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/59/MLB_Blackout_Areas.png

Do you have a friend in your old zip code that you can use their address as your physical address? If you use your previous address or a friend's address as your "physical" address, and just change your billing address to your new address, you'll keep it the way you had it. Lot's of people do it areas that are close to areas that have trouble getting locals, and are forced to use the "national locals." If you're on auto pay, it really doesn't matter cause they're not sending you out any paper to your address anyways...

Hello fellow Hawk fan! I'm in easter Iowa and I never got FSN Midwest. We only get BTN and Comcast Chicago, maybe FSN north too. I added the multi-sports package so my wife could watch the dirty Cardinals on FSN Midwest. Well, actually I'd still have the multi-sport package so I could get the NFL Redzone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)