Hopper Caller ID Requirments, Problems or Issues

Does caller ID really work? I have a two hopper two Joey setup and I can't get it to work anywhere. I have working POTS line plugged into both hoppers and caller Id is enabled on both hoppers. The test connection checks out find. I even hear it pick up the phone if I listed in while doing a test. It worked before the h/j install. Running s204. Tried the red reset button and still no joy.

I am having the same issure.. phone line out from OOMA voip hardware in one room, analolg into wireless phone jack adapter and out the adapter in the hopper room, analog into hopper with OK phone connection test in the network settings but still caller id only shows one in every 6 phone calls. A

ny suggestions?

I am guessing that its network interference between wireless phone and powerline ethernet and am researching ethernet/analog phone adapters. They might work better than old school wireless phone jacks but not sure about this technology.

Caller ID comes and goes on our Hopper. Reboot, works fine for a while then stops. Making the wife crazy.
what phone provider are you using and how are the receivers connected to the phone system?

some people have posted issues with certain providers like magicjack.

caller id no show on hopper and joey

I have one hopper and one joey Hopper says connected to phone line and test says ok yet no caller id showes up on tv . Joey just says faluire on phone test when phone rings. The funny thing is all phone calls shows on history in both hopper and joey. Can any one help me on this ? Thanks Harv

I also have the missing caller ID problem. If I reboot the Hopper, the caller ID will work the rest of the day even if we shut the unit down during the time we are away. When the Hopper updates that night the caller ID goes away the next day. It isn't working on the Joey either but I never checked to see if a reboot would get it going. It will be interesting to see if the 208 update will fix it. It does sound like a software problem though. Hopefully Dish is aware of this and will take care of it soon.

Thanks everyone for there help, I fixed the caller id issue i had . Since both dish and i had no answser to my problem .I decided to try one more thing before i wait for a newsoft download. I put the caller id into a different phone jack and it worked I guess the first phone jack was overloaded. Harv

had the same issue. line with splitter = caller id problems. no splitter = caller id works fine.. it was the same on my 622

We are aware of the issues. Testing the phone connection, resets and changing the channel will sometime allow caller ID to come back, but it will stop working again until 1 or all is completed. This will be corrected in a future update.

When my was install, caller I'd did not work, tech said it was my phone line. I check the phone line all was good. But didn't work. I plug in a phone spliter or two phone to test and the caller I'd work. So try add duel phone jack

Hi, Zach. My Hopper was 207 and the Joey is 259. I'm not sure what account info you'd like but the 209/260 update happened yesterday and I noticed the caller ID wasn't working so I did a reboot. After the rebot it was working then just like it alwaysdi after a reboot but instead of not working this morning I was surprised to see that it was. I don't know if the update fixed it or not but that seems to be the case. I check it again tomorrow morning and if it's not working again I'll let you know.

My caller ID mostly works, except that it always cuts off the last 2 digits of the phone number displayed and replaces them with dots. It did the same thing on the 922. I don't know if there is something in what Vonage sends to the receiver that it can't display. It's weird, because the Caller ID history shows the full number, it's just the pop-up that is truncated.

When I had Magic Jack, I used a third party program to make Caller ID work on anything. But one phoen company they use locallaly for one exchange, MCI, would screw up on one important exchange and say no one was at exhange xxx and that was a MCI number until they reset it. I changed to Vonage because of that. Caller ID worked perfectly, but they, too, used MCI and that same exchange would go south during a storm. That exhange was my Dr's, the hospital and my wife's workplace. I am on a land line now. My wife threatens to change my voice range if I go back to either Magic Jack or Vonage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)