Hopper doesn't schedule recordings correctly

avion

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Chicagoland
Channel: 613, ISRLI. Created a series timer for "Prisoners of War" (the original Homeland BTW). Set it to record New and Reruns and to start 15 minutes before and end 30 minutes after.

My wife noticed that this weeks episodes were not set to record however next week's ones were. To test I deleted the timer and created a new series one for tonights episodes.

When I looked at the timer schedule I noticed that only this week's episodes were scheduled (11/13 @ 12:15 - 1:55am, 3:40 - 5:20am, 8:45 - 10:25pm CST) but it didn't schedule the ones on 11/20 @ the same hours. I had to create a new series timer for next week's episodes.

Can someone from Dish explain why is the timer not picking up all the episodes as it should and why two separate timers had to be created? Is the Hopper not using the program name to set the recordings? Is there some other, internal, ID that is being used?

Can you check the information for the program and let me know if the episode numbers from one week to another are listed correctly? If you have a series timer set to only record New, and the episode numbers are mislabeled it can cause something like this to occur. I appreciate it!

There are no episode numbers but as I mentioned in the original post, the timer is set to record both new and reruns so that shouldn't be the issue.

One more thing I forgot to mention. When I turned on "show skipped" next week's episodes didn't show as skipped nor as being recorded as if the Hopper didn't realize this is the same program.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RaymondG, did you find any information about the timer issue?

This happened again. My wife scheduled The Amazing Race on CBS to record both new and reruns and we noticed that next week's episode (new) was not scheduled so we had to create a 2nd series timer to cover this one. This is becoming annoying since we can never be sure that a program will record.

Still hoping to hear back from Dish.

This happened again. My wife scheduled The Amazing Race on CBS to record both new and reruns and we noticed that next week's episode (new) was not scheduled so we had to create a 2nd series timer to cover this one. This is becoming annoying since we can never be sure that a program will record.

Still hoping to hear back from Dish.

Was nothing showing in the daily schedule before creating the second timer? I would try deleting and recreating the timer. Also be sure that no one is skipping the nightly update that happens.

Was nothing showing in the daily schedule before creating the second timer? I would try deleting and recreating the timer. Also be sure that no one is skipping the nightly update that happens.

No, it was not showing anything. When I looked at the daily schedule and turn on "Show Skipped" I didn't see it at all so for some reason the hopper didn't even recognize this as the same program. We don't skip the nightly update, too late for us :) This is very strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)