Hopper Duo and Joey Freezing up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whitty

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Kentucky
I have a Hopper duo in the living room and a Joey 3 in the bedroom. The Joey has almost always froze up and shows only the channel banner and a black screen. I have to reset the joey each time. Does this at least once a day usually. For the last week or so the Duo in the living room has started do the same thing, or sometimes the picture will freeze. If you change the channel the banner at the top will change like it changed channel's but it doesn't. Then I have to reset the Hopper and it's okay till the next time. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have a Hopper duo in the living room and a Joey 3 in the bedroom. The Joey has almost always froze up and shows only the channel banner and a black screen. I have to reset the joey each time. Does this at least once a day usually. For the last week or so the Duo in the living room has started do the same thing, or sometimes the picture will freeze. If you change the channel the banner at the top will change like it changed channel's but it doesn't. Then I have to reset the Hopper and it's okay till the next time. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Hey Whitty,

We definitely understand your frustration with these ongoing technical issues. You shouldn't be needing to reset the Joey or Hopper on a daily basis. Have you checked to see if the software version is up to date on both receivers? The current version for the Hopper Duo is H4.24 and H4.21, and the Joey 3 is J5.24 and J5.21.

If these are up to date, we recommend chatting in for our technical support to run some tests with you. We may need to get a technician out to check your installation.

You can get in touch with our chat team here: Direct Chat.

Thanks!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hey Whitty,

We definitely understand your frustration with these ongoing technical issues. You shouldn't be needing to reset the Joey or Hopper on a daily basis. Have you checked to see if the software version is up to date on both receivers? The current version for the Hopper Duo is H4.24 and H4.21, and the Joey 3 is J5.24 and J5.21.

If these are up to date, we recommend chatting in for our technical support to run some tests with you. We may need to get a technician out to check your installation.

Thanks!
Hey Whitty,

Thanks!
Duo is H424 and Joey is J524

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts