Hopper Energy Usage

If there is no sufficient battery backup for the whole load (house) there will only be partial fixes.
I know. The intial post was a fix for the Hopper, not the whole house. The solar array is definitely undersized, but a UPS will keep the Dish equipment alive even thought the lights and refrigerator blink off and on.

The Hopper3 only draws 24.2 watts. A LCD TV can draw anywhere from 18 to 200 watts depending on the screen size. For example a 15 inch screen would draw 18 watts while a 40 inch screen draws 100 watts. So chances are your TV draws more power than your Hopper3.

Yes, but all you need is the UPS to buffer the brown out when the pumps kick in. I have two UPS systems on my entire entertainment center. Covers from surges, brownout's and also will keep the Hopper recording and TV on if we lose power until the whole house standby generator kicks in to take over the the outline line power.

I have a Liebert PSA500MT UPS for my Home Entertainment Equipment, (Inc Hopper3) and a Powersure 1500 UPS for my Home office Computers and Network, being on West Coast power outages are rare, but more concerned about power surges.

I have a HWS hooked up to a Samsung 75" TV and my UPS says the draw is 234W. In the event of a power outage I should be able to watch TV for around 90 minutes.
The Hopper3 only draws 24.2 watts. A LCD TV can draw anywhere from 18 to 200 watts depending on the screen size. For example a 15 inch screen would draw 18 watts while a 40 inch screen draws 100 watts. So chances are your TV draws more power than your Hopper3.
My HWS is attached to a Samsung 75" TV that draws 115W. I have a soundbar that draws 24W. My UPS indicates 234W draw which means the HWS draw has to be around 95W. If I lose power I can watch TV for around 90 minutes until the batteries are exhausted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)