Hopper has reached max timers after only 33

Im running into this issue now...there are 56 timers...36% full w 473 recordings. ..33 events listed for today

Most of the timers on the hopper is for kids shows but they are slated for new only....

What are my options and what do I need to do

First time this has happened to me

You need to set weekly, daily, or M-F timers on some of those shows that have excessive repeats. You are hitting the event limit.

Im running into this issue now...there are 56 timers...36% full w 473 recordings. ..33 events listed for today

Most of the timers on the hopper is for kids shows but they are slated for new only....

What are my options and what do I need to do

First time this has happened to me

Why can't Dish provide us with reasonable numbers like 1K (1024)timers and 64 K (65,536) events. it would takes us months to exceed those limits and start complaining again.

Why can't Dish provide us with reasonable numbers like 1K (1024)timers and 64 K (65,536) events. it would takes us months to exceed those limits and start complaining again.

Wish someone knew that answer. It must be a ROM memory limit. Certainly not RAM, HWS has tons. Unless the limits are artificial.

I would hate to have to scroll through 1000 timers. If you are using the timers to pick shows that may come sometime I would suggest this:

Make your list on IMDb including the watchlist, which is a press to add to from the listing. Once a week, make a query like this: "watchlist" With User Rating Between 7.2 And 10 and US TV Airings. This gives you a list of shows in the next 2 weeks with your user ratings range. There will likely be 50 or so. Then transcribe, oh the pain, the list to Titan, which limits it to 150 or so as favorites. Titan will show those for Dish and your locals. It assumes you have every Dish channel. Now you have the day and time for all those favorites. For those of interest find them in your 8-day Dish guide from the channel, day, and time.

So the IMDb list can be as big as needed. Titan has a limit but it is unlikely to be exceeded in the next 2 weeks. The final entries into the Hopper should be a lot less than 96, gold.

---
Changing priority on the Hopper is enough of a problem with 96. It has to reassess the conflicts with each single up/down the list and a single step is all you can do except to first or last. Why don't they add step by tens, say? Or directly to a new priority?

When you create a new timer it steps lively because it doesn't look for conflicts until you have finished the entry.

---
This week a big bug. I had all my timers remain but they lost all the events. Weird. Some could be reinstated by changing the time before/after by a minute but those without an instance do not let you access the times.

Well when rebuilding, I got rid of a lot of timers that could be served by using all channels. Why can you not change the timer's channel after creation to all or even another channel? Where's the edit button when you need it?

-Ken

Seek and Record or Dish Pass timers is the way to go. I have timers set up by title, keyword, actor/actress, etc. I only have about 50 but my list of events is always in the hundreds, and it never reaches the max 576 event limit because timers with a lot of events seem to cut off at around 50 each, even if it's only a couple of days out. More time is spent skipping events I don't want and managing conflicts, which is how it should be. One stop shop for all my shows.

The best part is that you can set timers up one time looking for particular shows or movies, even if they aren't being aired in the foreseeable future. Set and forget.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)