Hopper has reached max timers after only 33

Well, I'm just shaking my head wondering why you (Scott) care what some imbecile on another forum is spewing. :fish: There is always somebody somewhere who seems intentionally obtuse. Many in fact!

I just get tired of these buffoons who keep trying to discredit everything that is said here as speculation and hearsay when much is it comes directly from the horses mouth themselves.

I am to have the information posted here be as accurate as possible with the information we have been provided. And if someone from the company posts information to have that information dismissed as not believable or they don't buy it. I could understand it if these guys were members but these guys are STAFF who represent their site and all they do is spew crap, speculate and try to discredit everything posted here no matter who posts it. And I am tired of it.

Since I posted this earlier tonight I had a few members contact me to tell me that they were contacted by James Long who threatened to ban them if they posted any more links to SatelliteGuys or mentioned SatelliteGuys there again. Yes folks I guess this now means that you can call DBSTalk the "land of make believe" because everything posted there by their staff in their DISH area is just made up to satisfy their own fantasies. I find that sad because a lot of people actually believe what their "staff" says when if you watch closely you will see that most of it is BS. Again I say their staff does a good job of putting the BS in DBSTalk.

With that said, please don't take my word for it. Investigate it with your own eyes, some things are too sad to make up.

Quit going there quite a while ago. Trust the info here much more than the BS over there. I think most people feel the same and that explains the lack of posts over there on the dark side. We are with you Scott!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I started out at dbstalk. It didn't take me long to figure out that most of the information there was dubious at best, and one reference to "the other site" had me looking and leaping. Never looked back. Scott, just let the quality of the content and professionalism here speak for itself. :)

Her's what I did so reduce the event limiter. I checked which timers had the highest number of events, usually 40 ish. I deleted the timer and now set them up manually. It was about 4 shows that ate over 100 events. I tried seek and record on the green button and that didn't reduce the event timer and also didn't always record the shows. I tried weekly but it recorded repeat show but not the new show. What I wonder is why a repeat show counts on the timer in the first place. I still can only set 42 timers, which does vary, but I guess it is what it is.

I think if they raise the event limiter it will slow down the box and they don't want to do that but they are going to have to something. I have never ran into this problem yet but I'm sure at some point I will and would like it to be fixed before I have this problem.

In case anybody was wondering, the same timer/event limit of 96/576 hasn't been solved on the Hopper with Sling. I have reached the maximum number of events after only 45 timers. This is a significant limitation of my new hardware/software that I never once had a problem with on my 722's. The weekly and m-f workarounds are a bandaid and not a solution. Dish needs to make this a priority.

In case anybody was wondering, the same timer/event limit of 96/576 hasn't been solved on the Hopper with Sling. I have reached the maximum number of events after only 45 timers. This is a significant limitation of my new hardware/software that I never once had a problem with on my 722's. The weekly and m-f workarounds are a bandaid and not a solution. Dish needs to make this a priority.

Just to make sure I understand, you're hitting the 576 event cap, correct?

Yes. After setting up 45 timers, I cannot set up anymore because I have 576 "events" due to skipped shows.

You need to make your selection more restrictive. For example, specifying the channel, the resolution, only new, and anything else. Do not set timers for shows covered by PTAT if you have at least 2 of those. Check for duplicates by alphabetizing and finding the same title in adjacent slots.

Were you at the timer limit instead of the event limit, I might suggest what I have to do, namely, create a watchlist at IMDb and then show those in a restricted set as a URL--I use:
//Titles In Your "watchlist" With User Rating Between 7.2 And 10 and US TV Airings//
The Airings giving only those that will be on in the next 2 weeks. I set these titles in a TitanTV favorites list (manually) restricted to Dish with my locale--still more channel than I get and can't say HD only. Displaying the favorites will give the date, time, and channel of those coming soon, mostly the next 48 hours although you can go out a day at a time. Then set one-time timers for any you want. Titan increased the number in their list (150 or 200?) recently but it's not enough for all in the IMDb list, say 400.

Could Dish coordinate this because they know your channels? It's too bad IMDb does not allow channel restriction.

-Ken

I've never had this event limit problem on my 722, even though I use a lot of wide open Dish Pass timers. I currently have 44 timers but when I look at the daily schedule, there are only 402 events listed. When I open up the events list for one of my wide open timers (Info search on All Channels) that should have a huge number of events, I notice that the list of events only goes out 3 days instead of the normal 9 days. Other timers that aren't so filled with events go out the normal 9 days. I just thought that was by design so that the max number of events won't be reached. I have no doubt that if my more congested timers went out the full 9 days, then I would easily go over the 576 event limit.

To those with this problem:

You know there is a 576 event limit! Why don't you learn how to set timers from the guide to the extent possible, and use weekly, M-F, or daily timers on those ridiculously repeated shows? Why beat your head against the wall when there are perfectly reaonable altenatives?

A different solution is, when setting up a lot of timers, do the ones that are overly repeated shows last. It will still let you set them up that way. It will skip over all the repeats until the the max is hit and then add more in as old ones fall off every day. I have Pawn Stars set up and it typically won't pick up the new ones to record on Monday night until Wednesday or Thursday prior...

I have Pawn Stars set up and it typically won't pick up the new ones to record on Monday night until Wednesday or Thursday prior...
I have the same deal, except not Pawn Stars, and I'm not near the 576 limit, but any timers with a huge number of events only show events about 3 days out (I think it cuts off at around 50 or so).

To those with this problem:

You know there is a 576 event limit! Why don't you learn how to set timers from the guide to the extent possible, and use weekly, M-F, or daily timers on those ridiculously repeated shows? Why beat your head against the wall when there are perfectly reaonable altenatives?
Not a solution at all. There is a reason for using Dish Pass (or Seek and Record) timers to find events that aren't on a set schedule. For instance, actor/actress search. Still, even with 44 timers, I have never come close to the 576 limit for the reasons I stated previously.

I never have problems with the limits and I use seek & record. Matter of fact last time I ran into it was on one of my previous 722ks.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I have over 60 timers on my 622, and I've never hit the limit. It must have something to do with the channels people watch. Did somebody say a while ago that the MTV networks were a big problem with this? I only have one timer on that entire family of channels, so maybe that's why I'm not having problems. (You know, Charlie once dumped a whole family of channels because they were nothing but reruns...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)