Hopper has reached max timers after only 33

It still has to track them somehow? Guide data gets updated every night (or however often it is), programming descriptions can change. I'd imagine the system keeps track of everything it does so that it can dynamically adjust to changes. Keeping the programs indexed is likely also essential to allowing users to go back and restore skipped programs that they happen to watch to re-watch. (Say a repeat of the last season finale before the start of the new season.) I don't think the problem is that the system keeps track of everything, it's that the event limit is not higher. Fix that maximum and the complaints go away.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
From what I can tell, the events are regenerated every time the guide is updated.

If your timer is for new episodes there is no need to keep those timers for last season's finale, since it's not a new episode.

As for the event limit, I agree that it should be increased. But, if there are valid reasons why it cannot, then eliminating the storage of skipped non-new episode events for only new timers would be another option...

Wouldn't it just be simpler that when you set a 'new episode only' timer to have it just ignore non-new episodes and not use up slots on the precious event list for them??

If only it was tht simple. Tribune Media is highly inaccurate. For instance, next Tuesday there is a Dirty Jobs marathon on Discovery. Every episode is dated 11/7/03 with no episode number. I have Dirty Jobs flagged for new episodes only, yet every one of them was flagged to be recorded. I had to go in and manually skip them on my 722.

If only it was tht simple. Tribune Media is highly inaccurate. For instance, next Tuesday there is a Dirty Jobs marathon on Discovery. Every episode is dated 11/7/03 with no episode number. I have Dirty Jobs flagged for new episodes only, yet every one of them was flagged to be recorded. I had to go in and manually skip them on my 722.

That's a different, but related issue though. Whether you had to manually skip them due to a guide issue, or they were skipped correctly when the guide is good, don't you agree that for your new episode only timer that those non-new skipped episodes shouldn't count towards your event limit??

Because it's still happening on our Hoppers as well. Where would it potentially be addressed first, on a 722K, or a Hopper??

Sure, but why are so many posters implying that this is a newly discovered limit with Hopper firmware? There is a difference between "Hopper has reached max timers..." and "event limit hasn't increased with the Hopper".

Sure, but why are so many posters implying that this is a newly discovered limit with Hopper firmware? There is a difference between "Hopper has reached max timers..." and "event limit hasn't increased with the Hopper".

Maybe to many of those, the Hopper is their first experience with Dish receivers....

I'm sorry I keep reading your interesting conversation, and wanted to ask why doesn't dish have someone to correct Tribune media's mistake? I mean we are talking about a multi million dollar corporation and they can't pay one person to sit and look over the guide data before they ship it out to our box's nation wide. I mean how hard can it be?

Maybe to many of those, the Hopper is their first experience with Dish receivers....

I would bet there are more than a few like me who went from 2 receivers to one with the hopper. I had a 722K and an 625. I had timers spread out over both receivers so never ran into this issue before consolidating into one reciever.

I would bet there are more than a few like me who went from 2 receivers to one with the hopper. I had a 722K and an 625. I had timers spread out over both receivers so never ran into this issue before consolidating into one reciever.
We have a WINNER.

More tuners on one box lends to more timers and events. Since the limits are the same on a 2-tuner receiver as a 3-tuner receiver, then it logically follows that more people will potentially hit the limits on the Hopper than on a ViP receiver.

Here's a tip for trying to alleviate event limits on "New Only" timers. If the current season has ended and is not showing new episodes for a while, instead of deleting the timer, set it to a channel that isn't showing the series at the moment. I use my PBS channel as a placeholder for timers I don't need at the moment because new episodes are currently not being aired. It's just a matter of remembering to change it back before the new episodes start back up.

OK, How do you change the channel for an active timer. I may be missing something, but I went through the menus on my 722 ibut could not find a way to change the channel of an active timer.

OK, How do you change the channel for an active timer. I may be missing something, but I went through the menus on my 722 ibut could not find a way to change the channel of an active timer.
I couldn't find it on my Hopper, either. I needed to do that exact thing when Dish gave TV Japan HD a separate channel number from TV Japan. I ended up recreating all the timers from scratch, and deleting the originals.

I'm pretty sure that is only possible if your timer is a dishpass (seek and record on the hopper) timer rather than a guide generated one.

I'm pretty sure that is only possible if your timer is a dishpass (seek and record on the hopper) timer rather than a guide generated one.

Well then that wouldn't help either since you cannot edit a "seek & record" timer on the Hopper.

Well then that wouldn't help either since you cannot edit a "seek & record" timer on the Hopper.
Yeah, that sucks. And it was correctly assumed that it has to be a Dish Pass timer, sorry I didn't mention that. Hopper still needs some work. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts