Hopper has reached max timers after only 33

I note you said no programming changes, but perhaps the repeats of the programming changed?

96 timers or 576 events are the limits. whichever you hit first.

I think the real problem is that skipped programs are still considered events. If you record shows that are repeated often that event limit can get used up fast.

My guess is Dish put the event limit to keep processing fast. They really need to refactor their software to solve this in a different way. Events should just be actual recorded items. Skipped shows and shows saved during PTAT should not count against the max number of events.

voripteth said:
I think the real problem is that skipped programs are still considered events. If you record shows that are repeated often that event limit can get used up fast.

My guess is Dish put the event limit to keep processing fast. They really need to refactor their software to solve this in a different way. Events should just be actual recorded items. Skipped shows and shows saved during PTAT should not count against the max number of events.

Skipped shows have to be indexed and accounts for so clearly they are events just as recorded ones are events. The same goes for PTAT shows that you create timers for.

They just really need to find some way to increase the event limit.

Hopper/Joey need to have counters for the events and timers like the earlier ViP receivers do. They also need to state (say in the popup that shows when you hit the limit) that the limit is 96 timers or 576 events, whichever you get to first.

Or better yet, they need to raise this rather anemic limit. Probably can't on the ViPs, but surely the Hopper doesn't have the same hardware limitations. Did they really skimp on the NVRAM?

You can also dramatically reduce the number of events by selectively using weekly, daily, or M-F timers.
I avoid those like the plague. The first time a scheduling time slot change occurred on a program and my timer was skipped with "Incorrect Event", I switched over to Dish Pass. I shouldn't have to revert back just to avoid an "anemic" event limit. (Good choice of word, 3Halo)

I avoid those like the plague. The first time a scheduling time slot change occurred on a program and my timer was skipped with "Incorrect Event", I switched over to Dish Pass. I shouldn't have to revert back just to avoid an "anemic" event limit. (Good choice of word, 3Halo)

Your choice, but the event limit is what it is, and there are many programs that can be reliably recorded with weekly, daily or M-F timers. You only hurt yourself by not using them to avoid excess events. I don't really care one way or another - what I suggested works a lot better than hitting event limits.

Your choice, but the event limit is what it is, and there are many programs that can be reliably recorded with weekly, daily or M-F timers. You only hurt yourself by not using them to avoid excess events. I don't really care one way or another - what I suggested works a lot better than hitting event limits.

But what happens if you have a conflict and your weekly event has the lowest priority? I tried testing it and it looks like it will not record the next airing of the same episode. Can you confirm this? I usually put shows with multiple rebroadcasts at the lowest priority since I know they will air later (i.e. Pawn Stars, House Hunters etc.).

I have this happen all the time. It does indeed record the next one on. I've got about 6-8 shows that end up being recorded at the 11pm rerun, because my 8-9 slot is all filled up usually

I presently have over 65 timers on my hopper and I can add another 31 if I wanted to and I don't see that has changed since I 've had DISH dvrs. Now if you set timers with DISH Pass or now Seek and Record, it will load you up quickly on events and max you out. I rarely use this kind of timer anymore for that reason.

Can you please check again with S221. We have made fixes to the max timer/events and it should allow you to set more timers.

Vivek
DISH

I am getting an error 41 on the hopper (or connected Joey) when trying to add a new timer. I only have 33 timers setup. The max should be 96, correct? Anyway, I went ahead and deleted a couple because it said to add a new one I should delete one. Well now I have 31 timers and I still receive the same message that I cannot add a new timer. Anyone else having this issue or anyone find a way to fix? I have tried resetting the hopper and that did not work. I also contacted dish and gave them the software version and such I am on and they are looking into it but not sure when it will be addressed.

I have a 2 hopper, 3 joey setup with a sling adapter.

Got S221 on all the Hoppers, S271 on the Joeys now! One thing I noticed. Looks like Dish heard my suggestion! There is now a counter in the Daily Schedule that counts how many events you have currently set up. Awesome!

Can you please check again with S221. We have made fixes to the max timer/events and it should allow you to set more timers.

Vivek
DISH

The limit is 96 Timers, or 576 events in the daily schedule, whichever comes first

So who is right, Matt or Vivek? The 96/576 is where we were before, correct? Vivek seems to be saying that they increased this with S221, unless I am reading that incorrectly...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)