Hopper has reached max timers after only 33

This is a deal breaker for me. I have reached my limit at 34 timers. 100% of those are set to record only new shows so the actual events is likely less than 34. This will become even more ridiculous when my 2 Hoppers are combined. I was always pissed off about Directv limiting me to 50 shows to record. The memory space for timers or overhead to search the guide for shows matching timers is negligible.
What is the cancellation policy for new customers?

Fearless said:
This is a deal breaker for me. I have reached my limit at 34 timers. 100% of those are set to record only new shows so the actual events is likely less than 34. This will become even more ridiculous when my 2 Hoppers are combined. I was always pissed off about Directv limiting me to 50 shows to record. The memory space for timers or overhead to search the guide for shows matching timers is negligible.
What is the cancellation policy for new customers?

$17.50/month x remainder of months left on your contract. 24 months means 420 dollars.

Hopefully this gets solved.

I agree. This is so disappointing to me. I love PTAT, but the events limit makes it almost impossible to follow many cable shows. It doesn't make sense that the "old technology" 622 didn't have this issue but the Hopper does.

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is an issue we are aware about and the fix is being worked on right now. We are being told that this should be released in the next couple of weeks. Of course, as it is with all software fixes, this could be delayed but there is no reason for us to believe it will.

ZachS@DISH Network said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that this is an issue we are aware about and the fix is being worked on right now. We are being told that this should be released in the next couple of weeks. Of course, as it is with all software fixes, this could be delayed but there is no reason for us to believe it will.

Any chance Hopper integration will be included with this fix?

What's worse now is I can't even do a manual recording of what I'm currently watching. Even after deleting down to 26 timers.

Zach, can you please give us some detail about what the exact issue is that has been identified and how it is planning to be fixed? The reason that I ask is that the normal 96 timer/576 event limits are extremely limiting when setting up timers when the receivers are functioning normally. It would ideal if those limits could be raised, especially with a brand new set of receivers. It would be very nice if we could set up timers once and not have to worry about removing them when shows are out of season in order to free up events to allow new timers to be created. I have some shows that repeat so often that 10 timers would fill up all of the events allowed. It's quite ridiculous!

Zach, Can you explain why there is a limit to begin with and how the limit numbers are derived? I'm a programmer wannabee and I think an easy fix would be to eliminate the limit. Let the drive space do the limiting.

Zach, Can you explain why there is a limit to begin with and how the limit numbers are derived? I'm a programmer wannabee and I think an easy fix would be to eliminate the limit. Let the drive space do the limiting.

I can imagine it might be due to ram limits for holding a table in memory of the timers. I agree that they should/could probably swap some of it to disk, but the code could be interesting. I'm speaking as a 30+ year IT vet.
but know nothing of how dish's code is constructed.

I don't know the reasoning behind this but I will forward all the feedback that has been given.

I'm speaking as a 30+ year IT vet. but know nothing of how dish's code is constructed.
Oh come on LER, they do it the same way you do...

They type up a bunch of code then print it out, cut it into strips, then throw it in the air and tape it together in the order it landed!

Geesh and you call yourself an IT pro. :D :D

How does something as basic as this escape beta testing? I have a feeling the beta testers were not heavy DVR users.
My opinion: Beta testers are afraid to point out too many issues or be too critical for fear that they'll be removed from the beta test pool.

Was the fix included in yesterday's H/J SW update??

My opinion: Beta testers are afraid to point out too many issues or be too critical for fear that they'll be removed from the beta test pool.
I didn't see this one as most of my timers were eliminated because of PTAT. In fact I think I only have 8 timers set now, when I use to have about 40 of them (not all of them were airing still though)

I didn't see this one as most of my timers were eliminated because of PTAT. In fact I think I only have 8 timers set now, when I use to have about 40 of them (not all of them were airing still though)

Your reply confuses me. I don't have a hopper, but I was under the impression that to automatically save a PTAT recording you had to basically have a timer anyway - but that timer utilized the PTAT tuner automatically. Did I understand that wrong? Or are you just watching within the 8 day threshold of PTAT?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)