Hopper Install Help?

rtukani

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2015
PA
I recently purchased 1 Hopper and 1 Joey for my home. When I was removing my existing VIP 222k System, I noticed I have a switch. The name is 123254 DPP Switch. It takes only one cable from the satellite and converts it into 2 outputs. Can I connect the hopper node to the Switch, or will I need to run another coax to the room?

I recently purchased 1 Hopper and 1 Joey for my home. When I was removing my existing VIP 222k System, I noticed I have a switch. The name is 123254 DPP Switch. It takes only one cable from the satellite and converts it into 2 outputs. Can I connect the hopper node to the Switch, or will I need to run another coax to the room?
That is not a switch, rather a separator, and not applicable with the Hopper. You will need to run another cable from the dish.

Ah okay. I have a Dish 1000.4. Would I need to call up a dish Technician to get an LNB upgrade? The dish was installed in 2010. I don't think running coax will be a problem since I already have 2 coax cable outside that I don't use.

Yes, you need two coaxes from the dish to the node and one coax each from the node to the Hopper and Joey.... Your LNBs should be just fine...

Yes, you need two coaxes from the dish to the node and one coax each from the node to the Hopper and Joey.... Your LNBs should be just fine...

Thanks guys for the quick reply! One last question. I usually turn off the WiFi in the router due to the radiation emitted from it. Will the system still work properly if there is no Internet connection present?

I usually turn off the WiFi in the router due to the radiation emitted from it.

That's a new one... You won't be able to use Sling, on-demand or any of the internet apps, but it will be fine otherwise.

Why did you buy them outright? You could have gotten them for free in a DIU upgrade and someone would have installed it for you.

That's a new one... You won't be able to use Sling or any of the internet apps, but it will be fine otherwise.

Why did you buy them outright? You could have gotten them for free in a DIU upgrade and someone would have installed it for you.

I bought the receivers off of a friend. I can just return them if I wanted to. But wouldn't it be cheaper to buy them so you wouldn't have to pay rental fee? I've been a customer with them for 15 years and I haven't signed a contract in years.

There are no rental fees.. The monthly cost is the same for purchased, or leased equipment. They are fees for certain features, such as DVr service, or additional independent rooms.

There are no rental fees.. The monthly cost is the same for purchased, or leased equipment. They are fees for certain features, such as DVr service, or additional independent rooms.

So I'd save more money just doing a DUI rather then purchasing the equipment.

Interesting...

Reactions: brad1138
Yes, but you will incur a 2 year contract with DIU...
I wouldn't mind signing a contract if I'm not losing anything or paying more then what I currently have. The only issue is I have no older Dish America plan. In order to qualify for the 2 yr discounts, I would need to upgrade my plan, which I don't really feel is necessary. Can I still keep my plan I have now?

Thanks for all the help everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts