Hopper Installation Training Materials

In looking through the diagrams it also appears that the maximum # of SATS that can be used would be three? I don't see this as a big
problem for most but would there be cases where this would be a problem? Could the 4th port on the DPP 44 be used or won't it work with
the single/duo node?

4 Sats are supported - look at the last picture. It shows a 1000+ (110, 118, 119, 129) using all 4 ports on the DPP44.

Self install? lol, not unless you buy your own equipment and they still may not allow it to be self installed.

Release date? Soon!!!

The installers in my area are not that great. When I picked up my 922 from the local dealer who was also an installer, he told me good luck installing it because he knew nothing about them. On another occasion I had an installer setup my dish with one of those cheap in-line meters. The instructions that were posted are straight foward and I don't think I'll have a problem. If it's an option I'll opt to install it myself. I guess we will have to see, but I'd say you are probably right that they will most likely push to install it.

I truly hope that self install is an option. Installation is an RV is quite different from a house and so far the Dish people I have had in my trailer have yet to show they know anything about the differences.

I f I could have the Hopper as a failure, then the Dish people won't even enter my trailer. Only as an install will they come. The last time, the installer brought the units, I installed the hard one and he the easy one. Then he tested that everything worked and went away.

I wouldn't mind if the requirement was just verification everything worked after the self-install.

The thing that gets me is the hopper is like main page stuff on dish.com. If we are really looking at March 15th, and not July why not start to get preorders? Existing customer should be able to pay upgrade fee now, and wait. Wouldn't this only help gauge demand... I am not a dish customer now, nor have I ever been. Just cable. Ditched them almost two years ago and have had nothing since. I want to sign up for Dish, and when I call they are tight lipped about the Hopper. (Maybe it is further away than we think...) As a new customer I am happy setup an account, and wait for box if it really is only weeks away. Hell they won't even sign me up get me into a contract, then just swap the box in a few weeks when it launches. No, that would be an upgrade with fees! I guess what this tells me is that it is longer than we think. Why else would they handle it this way????? Guess I just have to wait.

Brussam said:
I truly hope that self install is an option. Installation is an RV is quite different from a house and so far the Dish people I have had in my trailer have yet to show they know anything about the differences.

I f I could have the Hopper as a failure, then the Dish people won't even enter my trailer. Only as an install will they come. The last time, the installer brought the units, I installed the hard one and he the easy one. Then he tested that everything worked and went away.

I wouldn't mind if the requirement was just verification everything worked after the self-install.

If you are using one of those RV dishes "Kingdomes" , the new system will not work for this, but if you have a pole mounted dish, how much different could it be than a house? Besides your cabling must be rated up to 3 GHz to the Hopper for it to work.

I have done many an rv install, there is no difference inless its a dish that is already installed by the RV retailer. None of those are DPP.

I have a Winegard Trav'ler which is a 1000.2 on an automated aiming mechanism. I also have a 1000.2 dish on a tripod that I use if trees are in the way. Not a problem for a Hopper installation.

My RV is all RG6.

You did a lot of installs? Have an easy time running cable?

I switched from D* to E* last November. I had D* Whole Home with Cinema Kit and it worked fine. However my D* system needed 2 Power Inserters, a DECA module for each receiver and another DECA for the Cinema Kit. This solution looks much cleaner than the D* one. From looking at the jpegs it looks like I'm going to get a 2 Hopper/1 Joey with no isolation. Looks like an easy conversion. I've got my credit card at the ready waiting to pull the trigger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)