Hopper / Joey Internet Connection Question

Smart ass comments weren't necessary as it's ironic I was asking at one of those online forums. I suppose someone thought "let me push a random button TWICE on my remote while on a settings screen to turn on a secret feature"...

I was just curious, was it explained in release notes, someone from DIRT, etc.

Congratulations on getting the Hopper!
Thanks.... I said from the beginning, voted this way in polls, etc, etc, that I was holding out until they offered OTA support and I did. Well, turns out the modules aren't available now but I was kinda forced -- our 722k died on Thursday. My Hopper upgrade got cheaper out-of-pocket for me as well now.

Dang! That's bad luck, heh. Can always buy an overpriced module on eBay... Wish I could wring those sellers' necks for hoarding them and selling them for twice as much.

At least your upgrade was cheaper, costs what half as much as it would have a few months ago? Not too bad, hopefully the OTA modules will be back soon.

The few I saw listed a couple of weeks ago were with dealers who had (1) available. One seller did have (2). Hardly hoarding.... As for the price, if people paid the higher price, too bad. Hardly qualifies as a must-have item!

Well I saw several with 4+. So I'd call it hoarding, creating artificial demand, especially at the prices that they're asking for. Granted nobody's forced to buy them, but since they made them unavailable via Dish what is a person to do? Pay the premium or wait.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I can assure you that hopper joey does not like multiple internet connections, it will loop when trying to access local media and needs a hard reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)