Hopper/Joey keeps unlinking?

Also, in System Status (Menu - Settings - Diagnostics - System Status) are there FOUR GREEN BARS in the MoCA section?

Btw the issues I had in this old thread were fixed in S221 a while back.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I had the problem yesterday but did not look at software until this morning when it is working. I left one tv on with the linking error and this morning all was ok. On s/w version S282 ZADH, now that I can't reproduce the problem.

I think I found my problem. For this Joey I was using broadband connect and my network was in trouble yesterday. I switched to Moca this morning and it has been rock solid. I had Moca before and recall changing it to ethernet recently.

I was wrong. Both Joeys do the same, come unlinked but going to setup/broadbacn and resetting communicaions brings it back for a few seconds. At the time it goes, Hopper shows no link, and the Joey's show no data and that they are not linked. Only thing I did not do was look at both joeys at the same time to see if this happens to both at the same time. In fact, I can't see both in a common spot.

The hopper would not enable ethernet. Tried the cable on my laptop and no go. For some reason, the connector, which has been in use for months, had to recrimped and now I have broadband internet on the hopper. Now to keep an eye on it all.

Well, that lasted for all of about 3 minutes. The internet detection died. Tomorrow, a new connector. While typing that, it came back.

Last edited:
I would check all your cabling from the client port on the node to the JOeys and everything in between to see if something else strange is going on. I really never have my Joey unlink or 1303 appear.
I already did that first day. From the single node to each item. All are tight. Getting 1303 again on Both Joeys.First time was Sunday and software is up to date (S282 on Joeys, S234 on Hopper. Just did a system display on the Hopper and both joeys came back. This has to be a hopper issue. Now, I have 1303 again. &$#&*&&%&%

Single node to each joey? What exactly do you have in your installation?
dish to solo node. hopper out to hopper, client out to splitter/tap to two joeys. in manual Hopper Joey Job aid.pdf page 3 Solo node to hopper and other outlet to tap. One feed to one Joey, other to other joey. All cable is RG6 from individual receivers back in 722/211 days which is the high band RG6.

They are right, it is a known issue affecting some people but sometimes it can be equipment or install related. I believe it is still being investigated and normally a reset will correct it.

But with it happening every 5 minutes since Sunday *never did it before* with nothing changing, does make one upset. THe system is the same as it was for months.

Every 5 minutes is for sure not normal.I would get a technician out to start swapping equipment out if you haven't already. I would swap everything out until you find the component that is causing this. I believe the known issue is intermittent or random 1303 popping up, defintely not every 5 minutes, that would make the system basically unsuable asides from the Hopper.

Every 5 minutes is for sure not normal.I would get a technician out to start swapping equipment out if you haven't already. I would swap everything out until you find the component that is causing this. I believe the known issue is intermittent or random 1303 popping up, defintely not every 5 minutes, that would make the system basically unsuable asides from the Hopper.
DIRT is just saying they filed a new technical report and nothing more. Heck, this did not start until Sunday and it is either the Hopper or solo node. This morning, a new message 1306 saying to unplug the hopper for 10 seconds. All that did was leave the 1306 messaqe on the screen. Now to reset joeys. This is bad and the "come back" mailing received yesterday from Direct (it's been over 5 years) looks appealing, until I remember where their sats are.

Last edited:
More than 2 hrs ok, this morning. Hmm.
One Joey has been solid since yesterday morning, the other will not link at all. The thing I did yesterday was unplug the hopper for 10 seconds instead of pressing reset and the joey working was off during the time but the one not working was on. I think maybe a day one install, all joeys off, plug in hopper, connect hopper. Plug in Joeys is my next check.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)