Hopper/Joeys in warehouse

So, does anyone have an idea of when on the 15th we can order?
Is it, say, 12:00 AM EDT on the 15th? Or is it 12:00 AM in your local time zone?

I'm REEEEAAAAALLLLY tempted to call at 12:01 AM Eastern (10:01PM Mountain) and see what happens. :D

Is it, say, 12:00 AM EDT on the 15th? Or is it 12:00 AM in your local time zone?

I'm REEEEAAAAALLLLY tempted to call at 12:01 AM Eastern (10:01PM Mountain) and see what happens. :D

The DISH Network computers are not usually updated until around 6AM ET.

I wouldn't try ordering then though as chances are they will mess something up because its new to them. :D

gms49ers said:

I am enjoying your excitement. In fact, I have this T-shirt for you.... ;)

Please report how the install goes, including how long it takes, and first impressions.

I will be placing order tomorrow at local retailer store, this way it will be ready for the 15th. Store owner didn't know anything about an April 1st date for non retailer purchases. He said I can get 2 hoppers and 1 joey, no problem. I asked about duo node, he checked and said that they are not in yet.
He thinks that 2 hoppers will work together, as he has 2 hoppers set up at shop using two different dish setups.

He's not going to be able to hook you up with 2 hoppers if he doesn't get any duo nodes in by th 15th. I'm doing my install untill I get the duo nodes.

He has 2 hoppers interacting right now with 2 separate dish setups, not sure if they are activated , he has no joeys yet.
I'm not in any hurry, but he said he can get me up and running with two hoppers and install duo node later.
I'll know more tomorrow.
Dan

I think that is what he will be doing for me, because my wing dish for 129 is too far from 110/ 119 dish, none of my stuff is dpp, so I'm thinking a new 1000.2 dish for 110/119.
Dan

Jhon69 said:
Didn't you tell him you needed OTA?.If you would have the installer should have put in the MT2(Dual Over The Air Tuners Module),then you would have 4 tuners(2SAT+2OTA) in your 722k.;)

50$

Sent from my fingers.

I guess he could run two Solo Nodes off of a DPP44.
i'm not seeing how the two hoppers would communicate when on separate nodes.

wouldn't this require another truck roll at a later date to swap out those two solo nodes to one duo node?

Not if you did it yourself.
I don't think the retailer in this case realizes that they'll have to go back or even explain to the customer that this would have to be done.

I personally wouldn't go with an installer who is recommending anything but a duo node for a two hopper system.

Last edited:
More reason to wait a while, for the wailing and gnashing of teeth to subside! ;)

I don't think the retailer in this case realizes that they'll have to go back or even explain to the customer that this would have to be done.

I personally wouldn't go with an installer who is recommending anything but a duo node for a two hopper system.

He is not recommending not using duo node, just thinks he could jury rig it til he got the duo node, and he is prepared to come back when duo node and joeys come in. I told him I can wait til all equipment is in stock.
Dan

I am enjoying your excitement. In fact, I have this T-shirt for you.... ;) Please report how the install goes, including how long it takes, and first impressions.
I couldn't care less about the T-Shirt ;) And when I get CFO clearance for the install, I'll be sure to post how things went.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts