Hopper messed up

strongtexan

Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Last night one of my Hoppers - an original hopper with an external sling - did it's nightly reboot and when it came back up it said it was updating data. This went on for a while and when it finally rebooted again all of the dvr recordings were gone, ptat was no longer enabled, and it couldn't see my other Hopper anymore.
The dvr screen only shows the ptat, rentals, and the deleted icons. It reports the hard drive 100% full with 0 recordings.
It can't get an IP address but shows the HIC with a good moca status.
The software version is S419 NACD 12/17/2013 with no available Joey software.
Already have done a couple of red button reboots.
Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried an unplug reboot? As in unplug the Hopper for 15 seconds to a minute and then plug it back in?

I powered it down and when it came back up there was a progress bar that said " Updating guide data and dvr software".
It got to 70% and the progress bar went away. Still same result - no recordings, no internet, etc. Hard drive 100% full, 0 recordings.

This morning everything was back to normal with all the recordings and timers and the Hoppers can see each other.
I guess that's the "self healing" option built into the software......
Thanks

This same thing happened to me the other day. I don't remember exactly but I was able to get everything restored by going into folders, clicking no folders and then folders by title, or something like that. Whatever I did brought everything back the way it was supposed to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)