Hopper not showing all recordings when transferring to EHD

Traynor

Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
I have the HWS and have transferred recordings to my EHD (Lacie 750gb) with zero problems, until this weekend. Now when I try to transfer something I can only see about 20% of the recordings on the Hopper DVR. If I exit out of the transfer and go back to the DVR all my recordings are there and I can access them all. I thought it might be the EHD, so I swapped it with another Lacie drive unfortunately the result was the same. I talked with Dish tech-support but no resolution yet.

I have been complaining about that same problem since mid 2012.
There seems to be two independent causes.
One is PTAT recordings won't be seen until the 8 day expiration. If you are recording a series that means you won't see the folder in the transfer screen until 8 days after the end of season, unless they go into reruns.

Second seems to be some artificial limitation, so we dummies don't attempt to transfer more at one time than the Hopper can handle. This one is very frustrating because it tends to hide the very programs we wanting to transfer. A simple bit of education telling the maximum amount of programming to transfer at one selection would be much better, or a simple warning dialogue telling us we have reached our limit?

Changing between A-Z and DVR Date, between Folders by Title and No Folders can give access to different sets.
I have seen the limit change from hour to hour and day to day. I've seen between tens and hundreds. How come?
Reducing those accessible at one time will help with accessing the others. More choices for deleting in My Recordings.
It is hard to figure general rules on how many can be accessed at any one time. Explanations welcome.
Sorry, -Ken

I've had the same issue (have original hopper w/o sling), but I figured out a way to get it to work most of the time. There are two things I've noticed that work to make the whole list viewable and able to be transferred to an EHD (except primetime anytime shows which are only able to be transferred after however many days PTAT is set for and they are transferred from PTAT folder). Sometimes I only need to do one of these but a lot of times I have to do both.
First tv needs to be in live mode not paused or playing back a recorded program and not recording anything.
Second thing is go to the DVR menu, click the edit button on the top and select all programs, then select protect to mark all shows protected (note that by protecting all programs it will reset all programs back to the beginning of the episode, if you had any that were paused in the middle).
Then go straight to transfer list and all programs on DVR should be there and you should be able to scroll down to the bottom of the list and transfer whatever shows you want. Occasionally only one of the sort by methods (a-z or by date) will work completely and the other may stop a little short of the bottom when scrolling down, but so far I been able to get it to work.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)