Hopper ota adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For what it's worth, I upgraded from a 622 to the hopper and needed to get the ota module to keep watching ota channels.
The only con I see is that the hopper's ota module does cause some picture pixilation fro time to time, but not often enough to be annoying so I consider it a minor issue. On the plus side, for some reason, the signal strength of marginal ota channels is much better with the ota module than with the 622.

Mine are bridged. I could not see the OTA channels, the ones with a number greater than zero, on the "other" HWS or the Joey.

I will try it again and see if I made a mistake.

I periadicaly scan ota channels on my tv to see if anything has been added locally. So far nothing since I installed the ota dongle. Try that to see if your missing anything.

I periadicaly scan ota channels on my tv to see if anything has been added locally. So far nothing since I installed the ota dongle. Try that to see if your missing anything.
The problem with that, if you live in an area with marginal OTA reception, is that the rescan will delete any channels that don't happen to be coming in at the time. Then, you have to keep rescanning over and over again to try to get those channels back, and other channels will probably get deleted by those scans. I don't have a Hopper, but I used to have a Bell Expressvu 6100 (the equivalent of a Dish 811) so I know from experience what it is like to have the scan delete any temporarily unavailable channels, and it drove me nuts. The lack of an Add Locals feature on the Hopper OTA would be a deal-breaker for me.

You could just check Antenna Fool.

HWS with OTA and Super Joey. My OTA is the strongest receiver of every other receiver I have, except for one of the TVs, that OTA and that TV are equal. SuperJoey sees all stations from the OTA.
As stated by other members, the thing I wish the most for is the ability to add channels individually, without having to rescan everything...

I just rechecked. I absolutely cannot access the OTA adapter on the LR HWS from the Joey or the MBR HWS. If you can, please explain how you do it.

I shifted to all channels, linked to the LR HWS, and hit guide. No luck.

I just rechecked. I absolutely cannot access the OTA adapter on the LR HWS from the Joey or the MBR HWS. If you can, please explain how you do it.

I shifted to all channels, linked to the LR HWS, and hit guide. No luck.
you cannot access the OTA on another Hopper, only the Hopper that has the module can view OTA channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)