Hopper Pandora app automatically skipping most of each song

Newer tvs have technology to avoid burn in. It can still happen but it's not likely. I don't use Pandora so can't say anything about that but the music channels have an image that moves around so it doesn't get burned in.
Yes but the thing is, leaving the tv on just to listen and not watch would effect the tv's longetivity as well as the brightness would actually be less the more hours one puts in it. With that said, I sometimes keep the tv on and fall sleep on it for hours at a time even pausing the video.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes but the thing is, leaving the tv on just to listen and not watch would effect the tv's longetivity as well as the brightness would actually be less the more hours one puts in it. With that said, I sometimes keep the tv on and fall sleep on it for hours at a time even pausing the video.
I have a tv that I used on a computer for 5 years and my computer stays on 24/7 and obviously when I'm gone nothing on the screen changes and it never got burn in and still works. I use it out in a shed now for other things.

I have a tv that I used on a computer for 5 years and my computer stays on 24/7 and obviously when I'm gone nothing on the screen changes and it never got burn in and still works. I use it out in a shed now for other things.
Having said that, my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 smartphone is a different animal as by default, the phone easily kernel panics so it crashes to that screen and sometimes I don't notice and it resulted in a burn-in...

I had a severe burn-in issue on my LG OLED back in 2017-18. Moved it to the primary bedroom. No more OLEDs for me till technicality catches up.
What years model is your LG OLED? I have the 65EF9500 which was 2015 that was the last model with 3D and in my case, the screen autodims if the video is idle. Saw this article today:

What years model is your LG OLED? I have the 65EF9500 which was 2015 that was the last model with 3D and in my case, the screen autodims if the video is idle. Saw this article today:
Thanks for the link. Model is 2017 OLEDLG55C7P. Purchased Nov 2017 and also a 2 year Geek Protection plan. In March 2019 Best Buy Geek technician totaled my OLED due to burn-in issue and let me keep it. Purchased a LG LED for replacement.

Attachments

• Purple.jpg
    Purple.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Almighty1
Thanks for the link. Model is 2017 OLEDLG55C7P. Purchased Nov 2017 and also a 2 year Geek Protection plan. In March 2019 Best Buy Geek technician totaled my OLED due to burn-in issue and let me keep it. Purchased a LG LED for replacement.
Wow, that is bad. I would have thought the newer models were even better with burn-in protection. I have never had burn-in even with my 2002 Pioneer Plasma.