Hopper Plus / Joey 4 users check in here!

Nope, brand new (in Novemeber) Samsung QLED.

How did you manage that!?! I’m going to try to switch my HDMI to a new 2.1 then I’ll call and try to get another new.
A monitor is small enough to move to the joey close enough to test without turning off the joey or moving the HDMI cable too much. Then you can see if it's the TV. You do NOT want to change anything or power cycle anything. IF the picture did not come on as it did not in this case, I would try wiggling the HDMI cable and then test the HDMI cable on another video source and display to verify the cable is good. At that point you have FULLY eliminated all possibilities other than the Joey. A cold morning might case a connection to go out but once warmed up could reconnect from temperature expansion.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Replacement WJ4 installed. Time will tell now. Will post results in the morning.
Unbelievable!!!! Day one after WJ4 replacement and my Vizio failed to start this morning. Had black screen and sound. Plugged HDMI cable into test TV and same thing. Pull the cord reboot got her going. There is something in that Vizio TV causing this issue after the nightly updates. Going to leave the HDMI connected to test TV for now.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
So I changed my HDMI to a new 2.1 and still had the same issue (first thing in the morning I was getting a "playback failed" on all live and DVR shows). So I switched the Joey4 with another Joey 4 that I have no issues with and guess what... this morning the same issue. So I guess that means it could be an issue with my new Samsung QLED TV? I'm going to switch to using HDMI 2 input on the TV and see what happens, but I'm not sure what else to do - Hopefully Samsung will send me a replacement TV.

Well I just called Dish Support and of course they were no help. They just told me to call if it happens again. Which will be tomorrow morning. So I'm not sure if there is a better number to call where I can talk to someone who actually can help or cares, but Dish is about to lose a customer.

Well I just called Dish Support and of course they were no help. They just told me to call if it happens again. Which will be tomorrow morning. So I'm not sure if there is a better number to call where I can talk to someone who actually can help or cares, but Dish is about to lose a customer.
I was able to have a replacement WJ4 shipped to me, no technician. Maybe worth a try.

So I changed my HDMI to a new 2.1 and still had the same issue (first thing in the morning I was getting a "playback failed" on all live and DVR shows). So I switched the Joey4 with another Joey 4 that I have no issues with and guess what... this morning the same issue. So I guess that means it could be an issue with my new Samsung QLED TV? I'm going to switch to using HDMI 2 input on the TV and see what happens, but I'm not sure what else to do - Hopefully Samsung will send me a replacement TV.
I just have an H+ (no Joeys) and I have experienced the "playback failed" twice in 15 days.A simple reboot (don't have to pull the power cord) fixed the issue both times.
Of course it should not happen at all.

Do you have to an H+ to have a J4? Is there something the H+ does you have to have?
Personally I'm close to just going back to the Hopper3.Maybe hook the H+ back up in 6 months.