Hopper Plus MultiView

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
While I DO expect PIP to be available on the new Hopper Plus and Joey 4's (Not the 4K Joey) I do not expect MultiView (like the Hopper 3 has) on the boxes and in fact have been told that MultiView will not be coming to the platform.

There is a DISH webpage (that I can't find) that say (or said) MultiView is coming. Is this the Multiview they are talking about?

View: https://youtu.be/P2uOURAjOnw

While I DO expect PIP to be available on the new Hopper Plus and Joey 4's (Not the 4K Joey) I do not expect MultiView (like the Hopper 3 has) on the boxes and in fact have been told that MultiView will not be coming to the platform.

There is a DISH webpage (that I can't find) that say (or said) MultiView is coming. Is this the Multiview they are talking about?

View: https://youtu.be/P2uOURAjOnw

I saw this and a sports version. This is far from what we had and so sad! can't change Chanel can't rearrange can't do anything! People who watch sports especially football are really going to be the ones very upset!

I saw this and a sports version. This is far from what we had and so sad! can't change Chanel can't rearrange can't do anything! People who watch sports especially football are really going to be the ones very upset!
This is why I don't recommend the Hopper Plus for people who use MultiView on their Hopper 3.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Hopefully they won't get sued for false advertising...
As on https://my.dish.com/support/receivers/androidtv

1684974368682.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
Which part is false?
You are right since they didn't even call the box on that page the Hopper Plus but only calling it a Android TV which they can easily say is some other product as the Hopper Plus does not have 2,000 Hours of Recording Capacity either... The way DISH markets the Hopper Plus makes it seems like it was the Hopper 3 + Android TV in one new model for a receiver.. LOL

You are right since they didn't even call the box on that page the Hopper Plus but only calling it a Android TV which they can easily say is some other product as the Hopper Plus does not have 2,000 Hours of Recording Capacity either... The way DISH markets the Hopper Plus makes it seems like it was the Hopper 3 + Android TV in one new model for a receiver.. LOL
I think that will be the unspoken and never rumored Hopper 4 and will be the same GUI as the Joey 4's have now.

I think that will be the unspoken and never rumored Hopper 4 and will be the same GUI as the Joey 4's have now.
The 2,000 Hours is actually what was advertised for the Hopper 3 back in 2016. But solidsignal is selling the Hopper Plus at DISH Hopper Plus Receiver (ESHPRPLUS) and ofcourse they call it the Hopper Plus "DVR" with the same 2,000 Hours storage...

1685097637815.png

Reactions: charlesrshell