Hopper remotes

Okay, tonight I played a little bit and was able to pair 3 40.0 remotes and one 32.0 remote to the Hopper at the same time. I didn't have any more remotes to try otherwise I would have. I was also able to pair the 3 40.0 remotes to a Joey, but when I tried to pair the 32.0 it wouldn't work. I thought at first maybe 3 was the max, so I unpaired a 40 and tried the 32 again but no go. So I figured at this point the Joey wouldn't take a 32. I then proceeded to repair every remote with it's appropriate box and the 32 would not repair with the 922. So after forcing it to pair with the Hopper again, and then unpairing it I was able to get it to pair to the 922. I then unpaired it, and was able to pair it to a Joey. I didn't feel like redoing everything at this point to see if I could get 4 on a Joey, but honestly if you need more than 3 remotes on a Joey you have issues. :p

Okay, tonight I played a little bit and was able to pair 3 40.0 remotes and one 32.0 remote to the Hopper at the same time. I didn't have any more remotes to try otherwise I would have. I was also able to pair the 3 40.0 remotes to a Joey, but when I tried to pair the 32.0 it wouldn't work. I thought at first maybe 3 was the max, so I unpaired a 40 and tried the 32 again but no go. So I figured at this point the Joey wouldn't take a 32. I then proceeded to repair every remote with it's appropriate box and the 32 would not repair with the 922. So after forcing it to pair with the Hopper again, and then unpairing it I was able to get it to pair to the 922. I then unpaired it, and was able to pair it to a Joey. I didn't feel like redoing everything at this point to see if I could get 4 on a Joey, but honestly if you need more than 3 remotes on a Joey you have issues. :p

Great News!

Thanks!

Thank you so much for trying that out! I only need 3 on a Joey so that will work well. :cool:

gtal98, let us know if you are ever able to pair 21.0 remotes with the Hopper.

gtal98 said:

Just confirming you were able to pair the 922 remotes to your Hopper? Scott said he's been unable to pair his 922 to the Hopper. Was there a trick to it?

4 remotes paired at the same time

Just confirming you were able to pair the 922 remotes to your Hopper? Scott said he's been unable to pair his 922 to the Hopper. Was there a trick to it?

Happy to report I've now paired THREE 922 (32.0) remotes to my Hopper, simultaneously with the 40.0 Hopper remote...they all work! They would not upload the timers saved from the 922, but that's a one-time inconvenience, and I don't have to buy new remotes.

How were you able to pair multiple 40's on the hopper? The remote manager on the box does not respond once I have a one paired. Is there another way to pair remotes or am I missing a step?

A tad off topic... does Dish want the old remotes back when they take the receivers back? I can only find one remote for my 722.

Nope they never want the remotes back.

BTW I still cant get any of my 922 remotes to pair with the Hopper or Joey. Anyone know how to unpair old 922 remotes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts