Hopper repair

Won’t they replace it with or without the service plan? The difference is shipping is free versus paying 15$ for shipping if you don’t have the plan.

I always read on here that people get out of the shipping charges regardless of having the plan or not depending on the rep they talk too.

Maybe things have changed.. it’s been awhile since I had to replace a hopper.

Edit: just noticed the OP said a hopper that the he/she owned. Not sure if that changes anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JSheridan
If it’s within a year as an owned receiver they will replace it for the cost of shipping.

If it’s a leased receiver then again the cost of shipping for the life of the receiver.

All the protection plan does is waive the shipping charges and warranties the receiver beyond the year.

The only time you pay to fix it, is if it’s owned and past 1 year. I believe it’s a $75 out of warranty exchange fee at that point.

If your going to pay the $75, it’s cheaper to get the protection plan and keep it for the minimum amount of time or to pay to cancel it.

If all your equipment is leased and you can fix your own stuff, then the protection plan at $8/mo makes no sense

My HWS died and I think they wanted 90 dollars for a replacement. I said no thank You and bought a brand new hopper 3 for 190 off of EBay. Well worth the extra cost.

Reactions: HipKat
Does anyone know if you install a fresh hard drive if it will format on its own
Yes. I have not done that with a Hopper, but I did have a purchased Hopper Duo fail due to software issues. The hard drive still worked fine, so I salvaged it and installed it in a ViP722k, since the hard drive that came in that receiver had started to fail. The first thing the ViP722k wanted to do when I booted it up was to format the hard drive, so I let it do its thing. The replacement hard drive worked just fine in the ViP722k after that.

Yes. I have not done that with a Hopper, but I did have a purchased Hopper Duo fail due to software issues. The hard drive still worked fine, so I salvaged it and installed it in a ViP722k, since the hard drive that came in that receiver had started to fail. The first thing the ViP722k wanted to do when I booted it up was to format the hard drive, so I let it do its thing. The replacement hard drive worked just fine in the ViP722k after that.

What about an HR24 ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts