Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

patmurphey said:
One connection! direct if to a Hopper, HIC if to a Joey.

Guess this means I'm out of luck then. Hopper too far away and no HIC unless I order and pay for one. I hate to plug the Wi-Fi back in to the other Hopper though because when I took it out the blackouts quit happening on Joeys. Maybe when they fix what got broke with 213 I will try again. Should have stood my ground at the time of installation.

Anybody notice how long between the last 2 or 3 releases? Might give us some indication as to when the next one can be expected.

For those with problems with slow channel changes or freezes, if you haven't already:

Use one internet connection only.
Reset all of your boxes via red button or power reset. Repower the Hopper with the internet connection first. After the reset, give the H/J's 3-5 minutes to re-setup all of their MoCA network connections. It might take multiple resets to get it working properly. It also might take the nightly reset to get things back to normal on one or more H/J.
If you have more than one Hopper and are still having problems, try connecting your internet connection to the other Hopper. Reset, rinse, repeat, pray.

I only have my hopper plugged into the internet and the two joeys are not hooked up . They all show connected to the internet. I tried to download a blockbuster movie on the joey in the bedroom and it worked fine. So I guess the hopper plugged into the internet is all that is needed to get internet access to the other joeys.

karspur said:
Guess this means I'm out of luck then. Hopper too far away and no HIC unless I order and pay for one. I hate to plug the Wi-Fi back in to the other Hopper though because when I took it out the blackouts quit happening on Joeys. Maybe when they fix what got broke with 213 I will try again. Should have stood my ground at the time of installation.

Spend the 25 bucks on the HIC. You won't regret it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I should have told them to install it (HIC) also at time of install, or I should make them come back out and install it.

stimpson said:
Spend the 25 bucks on the HIC. You won't regret it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Yeah I probably will...just kind of frustrating since that is what I wanted from the start and I should have stood my ground.

Well, after reporting only one Hopper freeze with S213, the last few days have been terrible. I have now experianced every issue that has been reported in this thread. Several times.:rant:

Anybody notice how long between the last 2 or 3 releases? Might give us some indication as to when the next one can be expected.

Hopefully not to long to fix the missing hopper icon issue I am having (being able to chose which hopper you want to view recordings on unless I reset)

was updated on 06/02. Joey is very slow since the update. Changing channels takes forever. Starts with a blank screen then says live tv for 30-45 seconds before displaying any picture. Same for recorded programs takes a long time to display picture.

AutoHop is still very iffy on both Hoppers. Last night one Hopper had no AutoHop symbols and the other had 50% missing.

My hopper has not had Autohop enabled for any of the PTAT programs since it got the update on 6/29. It has been hard reset via power as well as numerous Red Button Resets. Nothing seems to be bringing AutoHop back.

With the hopper screwing up random network shows in PTAT the wife is extremely unhappy due to the non-repeating nature of them. We are getting to the point that I cannot trust this receiver for this very basic function. Please DISH, for us single hopper households roll us back to S212.

Last edited:
My hopper has not had Autohop enabled for any of the PTAT programs since it got the update on 6/29. It has been hard reset via power as well as numerous Red Button Resets. Nothing seems to be bringing PTAT back.

With the hopper screwing up random network shows in PTAT the wife is extremely unhappy due to the non-repeating nature of them. We are getting to the point that I cannot trust this receiver for this very basic function. Please DISH, for us single hopper households roll us back to S212.

If you have verified that you only have one Ethernet connection, what does Dish tech support say? You are experiencing problems that most are not having.

To answer your question Pat, I have but one Hopper and one Joey and did not have a drop to the Joey when I was installed so it was only on MoCA. As for Dish tech support, I have been corresponding with MattG / DIRT and so far all he has told me was that my 004 Error message I had received was a signal issue and to run a check switch. The check switch passed with flying colors and he has not yet taken up the other issues with PTAT / Autohop I have been experiencing.

One of my hoppers constantly reboots. Already tried everything in this thread and only 1 hopper connected to internet. Will try to call support later this evening.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread. But, I have a new issue since the update to S213:

- The Hopper will occasionally stay stuck in Standby (off) mode. Neither the remote or front panel power buttons will wake it up. There is no screensaver during these times, either.

A front panel power button reboot will work, as will a power cord reboot. I have not tried the reset button yet, as it has only happened twice so far. If it happens a third time, I will try the red reset button.

We continue to have lots of issues with the fast forward/reverse buttons since 213 came out. I normally set my timers to start 5 mins early since none of the networks ever seem to start their shows on time anymore. So when I start playing a show, I usually hit fast forward twice and wait while it zooms through the end of the previous show and 3-4mins worth of commercials at 15x. When I see the beginning of my show, I hit play. The Hopper will frequently jump forward another 5 mins from that point (i.e. 10 mins into the recording). So I hit reverse and try to backup to the beginning of the show. When I hit play again (around 5 mins into the recording) same thing - it jumps another 5 mins backwards, so basically all the way to the start of the recording again.

I've basically quit using the fast forward/reverse buttons because of this, and just use the skip forward button a bunch of times to find the beginning of my show. Ironically, this seems to work pretty well now. I say ironic because with 212 on the Hopper (and with my old 622) the behavior of the skip forward/back buttons was frequently erratic. (i.e. press skip forward more than 2-3 times trying to skip the commercials while watching a show and it would frequently jump ahead 5 mins) Guess we traded one bug for another.

Still having some random lockups/resets too...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts