Hopper S215 Feedback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Many of you might have received the new S215 software last night! Please us this thread to leave your feedback on the new S215 software and also report any new issues you might notice in S215.

Thanks!

I have not been informed of a software release for the Joey by Dish at this time.

I do note that I have s215 on one Hopper and S213 on the other.

I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but one Hopper got s215, the other is still on s213. One Joey picked up s267, not sure on the status of the other (it's currently unplugged while we have the guest bedroom in pieces for painting :) )

Got the updates on both Joey & Hopper. Joey kept searching for the hopper so I had to reboot the hopper. Joey no longer has a broadband connection. On demand no longer works on Joey. Network setup now says 'FAILED' on DHCP, Server, and Internet Connections on the Joey. I unplugged/replugged/reboot twice on each the Joey and Hopper but no dice. Thanks Dish. grrrr

UPDATE:
Did another reboot on both Joey & Hopper. Regarding the Joey... On demand now works. However all the Network stuff on the Joey still says FAILED in red. It all seems to work now though regardless of the FAILED messages. That's how it was anyway prior to the last update.

UPDATE #2:
So Pandora no longer works on the Joey, it says it needs the Hopper Internet Connector or Direct Internet Connection to this Device. That really sucks.

Update#3:
Found out from the other post that Dish disabled bridging on the Joey. Thanks for the downgrade, Dish.

Last edited:
Update#3:
Found out from the other post that Dish disabled bridging on the Joey. Thanks for the downgrade, Dish.

The default setting has been set to disabled. You can turn it back on. Here are the steps on how to do this.

Yellow Hot Key
Select Network
Select Broadband
Select MoCA from drop down
Blue Hot Key twice.

Has anyone been able to find out or confirm if having (2) Hoppers on different s/w revs could pose problems ? It's been asked / speculated previously too.

I would imagine it would if you're trying to test a feature/fix that required both hoppers to be up on that version. That's one reason I'm surprised that the updates are just randomly spooled by SN and not by account....

Exactly. I realize it's easy for Dish to target receivers based on random serial numbers or in batches, but for this model of receiver, they should add a 2nd check to see if a box targeted is on an account with multiple Hoppers and either deny the s/w update to the original receiver or push it to the 2nd. Given the number of people just here at this forum who have multiples, the numbers in the field could be quite large.

At this point, if they get a trouble call related to mismatched receivers, all they can do is ignore them, especially if the same issue does NOT occur when both receiver's s/w matches.

The default setting has been set to disabled. You can turn it back on. Here are the steps on how to do this.

Yellow Hot Key
Select Network
Select Broadband
Select MoCA from drop down
Blue Hot Key twice.
YES! You rule! Thanks. Didn't look at the network settings on the hopper, just on the joey. Works perfect again! THanks so much! Jay

I just received the S15 update. I'm not sure if this is a software update problem for it seems my problem has been around since last Friday the 13th. It seems that none of my shows recorded from PTAT have the Auto Hop feature. Did Dish remove this feature? Perhaps with the current law suite they have temporarily defeated this funtion. Anyone else have this problem or no the answer to my problem? I love this feature and really don't want to lose it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
ronfelder said:
I just received the S15 update. I'm not sure if this is a software update problem for it seems my problem has been around since last Friday the 13th. It seems that none of my shows recorded from PTAT have the Auto Hop feature. Did Dish remove this feature? Perhaps with the current law suite they have temporarily defeated this funtion. Anyone else have this problem or no the answer to my problem? I love this feature and really don't want to lose it.

Thanks.

Auto Hop is still working for me. I haven't got the update yet though.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Did you by chance turn the PTAT off, if it isn't turned on, shows won't auto hop. The old PTAT shows will show up but won't have Auto hop on them.

Moe

S215 here as well as of this morning. I am keeping my eye on things but like that I could enable bridging again to give my Joey its network connection again over MoCA. So far so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)