Hopper S215 Feedback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Auto hop works and it works across Hoppers now. My Joey on one hopper watch a PTAT show on the other hopper and auto hop worked.

Thanks !!

Do I need Bridging on or off and does it matter which one it is??...just checked and I have bridging on

2 hoppers 2 joeys...HIC and ethernet connected to 1 Hopper

Thanks

Auto hop works and it works across Hoppers now. My Joey on one hopper watch a PTAT show on the other hopper and auto hop worked.

You're talking from Joey to un-linked Hopper?

Hopper to Hopper auto hop is NOT working for me.

I haven't got mine yet, but as one of the first to have the EHD error 14 issue

has anybody tested EHD movies that wouldn't play before due to no longer subscribed issue??

Breathing Borla said:

has anybody tested EHD movies that wouldn't play before due to no longer subscribed issue??

I have the new firmware, but I didn't have any problems playing archived content from no longer subbed channels, so I can't check. Everything seems to be stable and working well here.

I rec'd 215, and the Starz movies on my EHD are now viewable that wouldn't viewable before because I no longer subscribe to Starz.

Now if Dish would just fix caller ID & include My Folders in with the rest of the folders, I would be very happy.

I am not sure what s215 & 267 included. I have 2 hoppers & 3 joeys. With 213 & 265, all of my problems stopped when I disconnected one of the two wireless adapters I had on my hoppers. I had one hopper hooked up to my home network via wireless and the other hopper and all Joeys setup via MoCa. All of them had an IP from my network and showed OK for DHCP, Server, and Internet connections.

Now with 215 & 267, only the hopper hooked up to my home network via wireless shows OK for all connections and has an IP address from my network. I have tried to enable the bridging by doing the suggested above:
Yellow Hot Key
Select Network
Select Broadband
Select MoCA from drop down
Blue Hot Key twice.

But it is not working - when I do it on the second hopper, I am able to enable bridging, but I cannot get that option to come up on the Joeys.

So now I am not sure if I am supposed to hook up my second wireless adapter to the other hopper and forget about using MoCA?

I am able to access recorded shows across both hoppers and all three Joeys, but the IP addresses are not from my home network and all of the connections show fail. I have reset and unplugged everything multiple times.

I just want to know what are the configurations we need to use and do we need to have all hoppers and joeys hooked up to our network/internet? What functionality are we losing if broadband is red for all of them, but one hopper?

I got 215, and the only thing I have noticed is, my Western Digital EHD now is recognized. I dont use PTAT, as we don't watch very many network shows, so don't know about autohop.
I have had some problems with recordings, that I hope are now fixed. Couple days ago, I had a one time timer for a half hour program set. When I went to watch, the list showed it recorded twice. The first one I tried started, then immediately said shows over, noticed time was 0 minutes. Tried the other listed and it was the Movie "Private Benjamin", in it's entirety, even tho the list said the title of the half hour show I had set a timer for. No one had set a timer for P B.

JM42 said:
You're talking from Joey to un-linked Hopper?

Hopper to Hopper auto hop is NOT working for me.

Yes...from Joey to in-linked Hopper it works...
I will test Hopper to Hopper . The Joey has 267 software on a 215 Hopper. My other Hopper is still 213.

Bridging shares 1 Hopper Ethernet/WiFi connection with all other MoCA-connected devices (Hoppers/Joeys.) You need it enabled at the Hopper with the Internet connection if you only have Internet connected to that 1 Hopper. However you only need bridging enabled on that 1 Hopper. Other Hoppers/Joeys need bridging disabled. Otherwise, if you have Internet connections on multiple devices, you need bridging disabled on all devices.

Got S216/S268 on 3H/2J. So far everything's great! Much better than S213/S265. RIP S215/S267.

I also got 216/268 this morning. One thing I noticed that Format TV now shows 1080p/1080i as an option.

I had to RBR my Hopper that drops local channels from custom lists. The lists were severely depleted and the edit window did not show lots of available channels. It was OK after the reset.

One thing it didn't fix is the bug in Network Settings. I have 1 Hopper directly connected to my router and the other 3 boxes cable connected. The 3 non connected boxes show no moca or broadband connection, but have 4 green bars. They also warn of no internet connection but play BB@Home stuff OK.

I also have S216. Pandora works, AutoHop works, but oddly it now defaults to "No" for AutoHop instead of yes. I'm hoping this fixes the EHD bug that continuously locked up my receiver multiple times per day until I decided to unplug it. When I got S213 this started to happen, so I'm hoping that I can leave my EHD connected now.

3HaloODST said:
Bridging shares 1 Hopper Ethernet/WiFi connection with all other MoCA-connected devices (Hoppers/Joeys.) You need it enabled at the Hopper with the Internet connection if you only have Internet connected to that 1 Hopper. However you only need bridging enabled on that 1 Hopper. Other Hoppers/Joeys need bridging disabled. Otherwise, if you have Internet connections on multiple devices, you need bridging disabled on all devices.

So if I have 2 hoppers...1 connected with ethernet and the other with HIC I should disable bridging???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)