Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The software wizards at DISH and Echostar have been busy and we have jumped from S217 to S221!

Please use this thread to report any issue or problems you notice with the new software.

The DISH Software team thanks you for your feedback and help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it retain your selected Favorites list, or drop back to "My Channels" each day?
Believe it or not, as supremely annoying as that is, it is a deliberate design feature, not a bug.

I did speak to a Dish engineer once, and mentioned the rampant displeasure at this behavior. He did say that it would be easy to add a setting for default guide, with choices such as My Channels, Last Used Guide, Favorites 1, Favorites 2, etc.

Hopefully, someday they will implement this setting.

GaryPen said:
Hopefully, someday they will implement this setting.

I sure hope so! Nearly 6 years on my 622, and I rarely used any list besides my personal favorites.

There is a lot of programming I'm uninterested in, and don't want to scroll past (e.g. Shopping), so I create a favorites list without them.

I suppose it could be worse. My mom's cable box tacks your "favorites" onto the regular list, so instead of reducing what you scroll thru, it increases it...

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have 221 on my hopper. I'm not sure if this is a new feature, or I just never noticed it doing this before on nights when PTAT runs later than 11PM due to a prime time show running long: I have a daily timer scheduled to record the 11PM news on my local CBS station. Since PTAT normally ends around 11PM, the Hopper has always allocated a new tuner to record this 11PM event on CBS. The news timer starts just before 11PM, and for a brief time, I only have 1 free tuner since one tuner is recording CBS, and another tuner is recording the 4 PTAT stations. Tonight, I noticed that the PTAT Olympics on NBC were still recording to midnight (like they have been all week), and instead of using a separate tuner, the Hopper was using the existing PTAT tuner to record the 11PM news on ABC. This is very efficient, and I'm impressed.

Got S221 on one of the Hoppers. Still S217 on the other two. So far the only thing I have noticed is that it may have fixed my MRV issues! *crosses fingers*

Joeys are still S268.

I happened to be awake at 3AM when my updates got done. It was weird. I had fallen asleep earlier with the TV on. I woke up to find the recording light on and the box was apparently recording Rookie Blue, an ABC prime time show and it was playing. I turned the Hopper off and the recording light went off. I turned it back on and got the "Downloading in progress" message and it went ahead and did the update. I looked at the status and it said 221 but the available Joey SW was 268 and the Joey were still at 268. I checked the Rookie Blue recording and sure enough, it said that took place at 1:35 AM but it appears to be complete.

About 10 minutes later I saw a green light on a Joey. After the Joey turned itself off I checked the SW version again and it was up to 271.

Looks like some strange things are going on during updates. I'm going to try to sleep thru them from now on.

Still having a problem with Pandora. There's no audio the first time you access it each day. A reboot seems to fix it until the nightly update.

Went to broadband setup, it first showed red and then after a few seconds everything was green. Moca and blue button presses no longer show a bridging option - maybe it's automatic now?

My Hopper was frozen in standby again this morning, and still on 217 after reset.

Tonight, I will make sure not to power it off to standby before bed to hopefully avoid standby freeze. Hopefully, it will take 221 then, and these standby lockups will be a thing of the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)