Hopper S221 Feedback

I just hope because they haven't done an upgrade in a while they don't push everything known to mankind to our box's at once an blow them up.

I just hope because they haven't done an upgrade in a while they don't push everything known to mankind to our box's at once an blow them up.
with employees now testing some releases beforehand, it shouldn't be as bad as before.

Had first issue with hopper since I've had it for 2 weeks. Wife had set big brother to record 60 minutes long since nfl on Sunday tends to run over. So tonight when it is on she sees it is still recording the extra time and doesn't need to. She stops the recording and now the show is no where to be found. The schedule shows it was stopped by user. Funny part is it shows tomorrows date in the schedule, right in the middle of a couple other shows that were also recorded tonight. Weird.

Starting to notice that auto hop, is not auto hopping. Not sure if this is because of the software update

Argh....Hopper rebooting on it's own almost nightly IF we are only watching via Joey. If we are viewing via Hopper it seems there is no rebooting issue, only when Hopper is in standby and viewing via Joey and always around 10PM PST. That may be because it is usually 30-45 mins after begin viewing since we usually switch to the Joey around 9:15 - 9:30 every week night. Joey is also beginning to take a very long time to load List and Guide, coincidence????

I have noticed the auto hop issue, not really a big deal I just hit the skip button then it goes ahead and auto hops. I was thinking this was going to be a nice feature when tv starts back up during fall, however I watch same day just later on after its recorded so it's not really going to help me at all but I'm going to love PTAT this year yea! Now if they could only get that OTA tuner out as a back up for CBS I would be a very happy camper.

Hopefully the satguys will fully test and try to blow up their hoppers so we don't have as many bugs with the next release.

Last edited:
Okay I notice that since I dropped BlockBuster off my account , I can't see ANY of the movies or HBO GO ,that I do subscribe to. Not even new movies that you can buy from DISH . I pick the Blockbuster tile and it goes straight to live tv instead. Did something change ? Or is this what happens when you drop Blockbuster off your account?

Try a reset. In the last week or so I've had the problem a few times that when I pick On Demand or Blockbuster it jumps right to live TV. Tonight it even happened when I tried to access the shows on the DVR of my second Hopper. A reset worked each time.

Just received S222 on one of the Hoppers. Others are still at S221. Available Joey software is still S271. Haven't looked at anything yet but we shall see what it's made of!

I got 222 on both Hoppers this morning. Joeys still at 271. The only thing I see so far is that I have red kangaroos on all eligible shows, haven't dropped any local channels, and my guide was still on my preferred favs list when I turned the box on.

I got 222 on both Hoppers this morning. Joeys still at 271. The only thing I see so far is that I have red kangaroos on all eligible shows, haven't dropped any local channels, and my guide was still on my preferred favs list when I turned the box on.

Sounds a little promising!
Ghpr13:)

Go Bears!

I still have 221 and my HD FAVS were in place yesterday and this morning...?

I think what has been happening is that the nightly guide update does not always trigger a reset, like the mid-day guide update, which never triggers a reset. The guide goes back to "My Channels" when there is a reset with the 1AM update.

I think what has been happening is that the nightly guide update does not always trigger a reset, like the mid-day guide update, which never triggers a reset. The guide goes back to "My Channels" when there is a reset with the 1AM update.

All of the below is just my opinion...
Dish needs to have a goal of treating the Hoppers as if they are servers, and more specifically Unix/Linux servers. Daily reboots is not how you manage one of these servers. Unless there's a software update, a reboot shouldn't be needed daily or even weekly.

This type of approach is symptom rather than cause related -- i.e. something goes unstable after X period of time, so we'll just reboot < X so that we don't get the problem. Hopefully the cause is being addressed.

Yes I have high standards, if I didn't I wouldn't be good at my job.

Agreed especially when the Hoppers technically ARE servers. Pretty lame when a Hopper reboots while you're watching a recording off of it from another receiver!

My routers with Linux-based DD-WRT have uptimes of 30+ days with no issues...

Received S222 last night! Program guide was on my favorites this morning! Hopper still seems rather slow to respond to commands...Haven't spent much time with it today though.

Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)