Hopper S221 Feedback

During the last freeview of Cinemax I taped a couple of movies and they do not playback at all now. Just get a black screen when started. Did they say that this was normal or a bug? I thought they had resolved this with S221, but are others having the same issue now?

As of last night, on one of our Hoppers we're having a problem where every recording is a 4-hour "No Information Available" block, but each corresponds to one of our timers, and when they fire they break up into the proper recordings of the proper length. For instance, last night one 4 hour block resulted in the correct-length Hugo (plus another 4 hour block incorrectly labeled with the last show in the block, True Grit).

Red button reset and full "pull the plug, wait" reset did nothing. Check Switch comes back ok. The other Hopper isn't having this problem.

Both of my hoppers are constantly losing internet connectivity. They are both connected directly to ethernet. Every time I try to use on demand or the game finder app it tells me I'm not connected to broadband.

I have to go to settings - network - broadband and it always shows two green ok's and one red failed on the settings page. After a second all it switches to ok without me doing anything. I hit save and then my on demand and game finder apps work fine. The problem is I have to do this step every single time I want to access on demand.

I have several (8) movies from the On Demand function in the Rentals folder. I cannot access the folder from either the DVR menu tile icons or the "Red button" Rentals menu. I suppose a RBR may correct this but it shouldn't be necessary.

Not sure if this is reported yet, but coming from standby to on for hopper and Joey they both take a minute or two to respond to IR. Joey is faster, but it is at the very least annoying.

Since this is Linux I'll posit the notion that they transition run levels between standby and on and that they need to take a close look at their run level transitions.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

How often do they do updates to the firmware on these box's? At least so far as they have been out? once a month, every two month's?

Once every few weeks.

I am expecting another major update to start rolling out within 2 weeks. :)

I am just wondering now what new goodies it will bring... its almost like thinking what would you do if you won the lottery. :D

Once every few weeks.

I am expecting another major update to start rolling out within 2 weeks. :)

I am just wondering now what new goodies it will bring... its almost like thinking what would you do if you won the lottery. :D

I can't wait I want to see what they are going to turn on............it's not as exciting as winning the lottery LOL. But I guess in tech world its a cool day when they do an update to see what Dish brings. You don't have any idea Scott of what they are going to turn on?

I don't know if this is an appropriate place, but I have recently been having hopper issues. I downloaded several HBO On Demand programs. They are saved in my rental folder. Every time I try to watch one, the Hopper will not let me access that folder. I have to reset the box to gain access. After a reset, it works. FYI, this happens during prime time and PTAT is enabled.

I don't know if this is an appropriate place, but I have recently been having hopper issues. I downloaded several HBO On Demand programs. They are saved in my rental folder. Every time I try to watch one, the Hopper will not let me access that folder. I have to reset the box to gain access. After a reset, it works. FYI, this happens during prime time and PTAT is enabled.

Yes, several of us are all experiencing this issue. I wish they would hurry up and get it fixed!

Not sure if this software or hardware but...last two nights, both times shortly after 10PM pst, the Hopper has auto rebooted. Both times was while I was viewing via Joey and Hopper was in standby. My first thought was the Joey just lost connectivity as in past versions of software but when I went to family room and turned on Hopper/TV it was in the process of re-starting. As soon as the reboot was complete the Joey reconnected on its own. Unfortunately, two programs were recording via PTAT and we lost a few minutes of them and one was a season finale :(

Ghpr13 said:
:facepalm

Just JK.

Ghpr13:)

Don't get me wrong, its a pain in the tail! But at least it is not something that is unique to my box. System problems get updated through software. Unique problems take weeks and several tech visits to fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)