Hopper S222 Feedback

My hopper locked up a bit while browsing VOD/BBMP. I was going through the all tv channels and then hit cancel and it went to an all black screen with the video window left up at the upper left of the screen. I just left it up and about a minute or two later it returned to live tv.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I was sitting here at my computer and look up and see the "Sling Adapter Detected 594" message pop up onscreen. i wasn't doing anything and have had the sling adapter connected since install months ago. hmmm, strange

Now having bad Joey connection issues. When they loose connection I don't get the "looking for Hopper" message. Rebooting Joeys does not fix it. Have to reboot the respective Hopper. Also, during this new issue, when the Joey was working, I had no guide display. It popped up some message, but don't remember what it said. It was late, I was getting pissed. So I just went to sleep. Things seem to be normal this morning. :(

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I wonder why my favorites has worked consistently, since I've had the hopper , but on other hoppers it doesn't work? Seems very random .

I was in the same situation, Hopper and the 722 in front of it. I always turned the TV on and I was in my Favorites. All of a sudden the Hopper started reverting to My Channels nightly. It's annoying but I got over it.

I have now noticed my broadband connection going in and out. I use a HIC, so I made sure that both Hoppers still have bridging disabled, and they do. Have done a network reset, Hopper reboots, and also rebooted the HIC. This update is turning out to be a PITA.

stimpson said:
I have now noticed my broadband connection going in and out. I use a HIC, so I made sure that both Hoppers still have bridging disabled, and they do. Have done a network reset, Hopper reboots, and also rebooted the HIC. This update is turning out to be a PITA.

I've had that issue through S221 and now S222.

Honestly, I think the issue is with whatever mechanism the Hopper uses to detect if it has internet. I use bridging for my Hopper network and occasionally see the red broadband symbol when channel surfing (green too) but when I go to dish online's site and try to stream from my Hopper's, they are always online. I guess the SW devs haven't figured out the issue but I think it has something to do with how the Hopper's ping DIsh's servers. If they don't receive a response for whatever reason, the hoppers just assume that it has no internet connection

DBS Commando said:
Honestly, I think the issue is with whatever mechanism the Hopper uses to detect if it has internet. I use bridging for my Hopper network and occasionally see the red broadband symbol when channel surfing (green too) but when I go to dish online's site and try to stream from my Hopper's, they are always online. I guess the SW devs haven't figured out the issue but I think it has something to do with how the Hopper's ping DIsh's servers. If they don't receive a response for whatever reason, the hoppers just assume that it has no internet connection

I see your point and it does make sense, but the boxes are actually grabbing new IP addresses every time this happens. So that tells me they are actually going offline and coming back. .

I see your point and it does make sense, but the boxes are actually grabbing new IP addresses every time this happens. So that tells me they are actually going offline and coming back. .

Yeah, but unless the address lease times are low a hiccup shouldn't cause a new address to be issued.

Might be worth checking out dhcp logging if it's available to see what's happening.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I have a funny situation. Before I couldn't see Blockbuster app at all on my First hopper. . I don't have Blockbuster on my account,but I do have HBO. I reset the hopper and even did a smart card reset the second time. SO I tried to use it and it kept giving me messages about needing to connect internet to my hopper. So I also tried resetting the network and the connection as well. Mean while on my second hopper, that I have NO internet connected to physically, but using bridging from the First hopper to connect, I can download anything I want on Blockbuster. The first hopper will not work for HBO or any streaming ,but my second hopper, that uses my first hopper to bridge the internet to , can. WEIRD behavior. The only other thing I can do is a hard reboot and uplug the hopper and see if that fixes it.

John Kotches said:
Yeah, but unless the address lease times are low a hiccup shouldn't cause a new address to be issued.

Might be worth checking out dhcp logging if it's available to see what's happening.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I was just saying his theory made sense. I believe the issue is beyond that.

Mine too. This is the first time I've noticed Joey SW version unchanged after a Hopper update.

Lends lots of credence to Hopper bug fix release only... I never have any trouble out of Joey since 221. I don't use a HIC and have both hardwired to the network.

I would rather them keep incrementing and fixing Hopper bugs before any more 'new' features come. They need to get a solid code base before they start adding things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)