Hopper S246 Joey S294 Is Out

Nice, just noticed on nightly that it comes up and says "Your receiver is currently off. Press SELECT to watch TV." "Software S246 is up to date." and "Guide download is 20% complete" no period but advances. However this repeated a few times while saying "Hopper is starting up."

My problems include a blank screen while editing a recordings list on my EHDs. You can cancel but then you are back to ground zero. Some other menus give a blank list and you can select colored buttons like edit and close edit or others to get back to the list of say timers but you are at the top of the list. (Same as with S244.)

Hopper 2000 and many EHDs.

-Ken

Anyone hit the "View Live TV" button and seen the graphic not go away ? Did it a bit ago and it's still on my screen. I'm sure if I change channels, turn on guide, etc it will go away.

Attached a picture and will note the time in a minute... Taken at 12:45 and it is 12:53 now and still there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371401407909.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371401407909.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 253
Anyone hit the "View Live TV" button and seen the graphic not go away ? Did it a bit ago and it's still on my screen. I'm sure if I change channels, turn on guide, etc it will go away.

Attached a picture and will note the time in a minute... Taken at 12:45 and it is 12:53 now and still there.

Just checked, mine goes away quickly.

I had that happen once. Went away after I paused/pressed view live again. Pullinh up the guide would just put the icon in the preview square, then when i exited it was right back. However the pause then view live tv thing worked. Haven't seen that glitch since that one time.

Are you skipping the update or do you have timers set to fire? I would put your boxes into standby and make sure no Joeys are powered on so that all tuners are free and leave them alone for 30 minutes. Also, what satellite orbitals do you receive signal from? Everyone should have the update by now.

Are you skipping the update or do you have timers set to fire? I would put your boxes into standby and make sure no Joeys are powered on so that all tuners are free and leave them alone for 30 minutes. Also, what satellite orbitals do you receive signal from? Everyone should have the update by now.

lucky86, is this the procedure to perform if a Hopper misses the nightly update?

If the box needs to update, placing it into standby should trigger the download.

OK, thanks. I have never had any luck putting it in standby and no timers scheduled. It sits there for hours and nothing happens. Next time I will unplug the Joey too and see if that does the trick. Thanks

When they push software out, as you've seen, it usually rolls out in waves. If your box is in the range that is being sent out at that given time, then putting it into standby should trigger the download. If you aren't in the range and you put it into standby, that won't do anything. But since the software is out for everyone, then if he puts his box into standby then it should download the software unless there is some other sort of problem.

When they push software out, as you've seen, it usually rolls out in waves. If your box is in the range that is being sent out at that given time, then putting it into standby should trigger the download. If you aren't in the range and you put it into standby, that won't do anything. But since the software is out for everyone, then if he puts his box into standby then it should download the software unless there is some other sort of problem.

I understand all that. What I mean is the normal daily update that happens around 1:30 AM CST for my area. Sometimes, ever now and then the Fsck date/time is not updated the next morning when I check it in the counters. All the other Hoppers had updated. So that is telling me the one Hopper got skipped somehow. How do you get the Hopper to perform just the regular daily update when it did not get done?

Speaking of updates, I like how the Hopper now gives you the status of the guide update while it's in standby.

I don't know when this was added, but I noticed a new "Autoplay" function when you select multiple episodes of the same program. It's under the "Edit" menu. However, there's a problem. It plays episodes in order of highest to lowest. What's the point of that??!?! This would have been a really great feature to accommodate "binge" viewing, but going from highest to lowest makes it incredibly less useful. I can't seem to figure out a way to make it go the opposite way unless someone else here would care to fill me in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)