Hopper S400 Joey S298 Released

I hope the Dish folks are making note of these OTA timer issues. It's very possible it's simply not something they considered.

Just curious, since the Hopper and 922 seemingly shared some of the same codebase, does it suffer from this problem as well ?

That would be nice, but we have been asking and talking about these issues in every single software update thread.
They just don't seem to get it.

our hopper 2K changed to 400 and our joeys jumped from 292 to 294 one day before the hopper went to s400, any reason why the joeys didn't go to s298 with the hopper
sorry about asking, just seems our joeys were the last ones to go to s294 at 7/12/2012, 11:01 A.M.
is that weird or am i just being paranoid

our hopper 2K changed to 400 and our joeys jumped from 292 to 294 one day before the hopper went to s400, any reason why the joeys didn't go to s298 with the hopper
sorry about asking, just seems our joeys were the last ones to go to s294 at 7/12/2012, 11:01 A.M.
is that weird or am i just being paranoid

Look on your H2k and hit MENU - MENU. What is your available Joey software version?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Joey update happened to me once several updates ago. I followed an old sequence for rebooting Joeys, I think it was power off, pull power plug and cable, put in power plug, wait till stable power off, insert cable, power on or something like that. Anyway it updated both Joeys. If anyone remembers that sequence please help out.

Well, his problem is that his Hopper doesn't have the updated Joey software, so forcing a Joey update wouldn't work. What he CAN do though, is leave the Hopper in standby with the Joey unplugged for about 30 minutes. Hopefully the Hopper should download the newer update, which can be verified by hitting MENU - MENU. If it didn't, then OP will need to wait a day or two for the Hopper to grab the new Joey software. Then once the Hopper gets the update, he can attempt to force a Joey software upgrade by removing the coax from the Joey, unplug the Joey for 15 seconds, plug power back into the Joey, then reconnect the Joey to the coax. Keep the Joey in standby and it should reboot and update. If it doesn't, once again have to wait a day or two and it will eventually upgrade on its own.

I think he said his Hopper updated to S400 and the Joey went from 292 to 294 the night before but the Joey didn't go to 298. The one time my Joeys didn't update with the Hopper the Joey reset I was trying to describe updated both Joeys by resetting one of them. I used the great search feature and found it in a 3-22-2012 thread, a week after the H/J intro when there were lots of problems with installs. Here is the reset sequence:
-------
Unplug the joey from power.
Unplug cable from joey.
Plug joey into power.
When it boots, put in standby (hit power button).
Unplug from power.
Connect coax cable.
Plug into power.
Wait for it to boot back up, it should boot back into standby mode.
Unplug from power.
Plug into power.

Nice, right? But after the last step it may still be in standby, power button turns it on, then it should automatically start a software download and reboot again, and be active.
-------

It looks like hocus pocus but it worked for a lot of people including me.

Last edited:
That might work if the Hopper already had the latest version, but he said his Hopper is reporting the available Joey software version as S294, so that probably won't work until the Hopper actually downloads S298.

Looks like the bug where scrolling through a lonnnnngggg list of timer events quickly and it dumps you to live TV is fixed.

Also noticed a "Theme filter" button (blue hotkey) when looking at search results. Is that new(er)?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'll check again.... I might not have a timer schedule with enough events in it. When I encountered it, I had a timer for The Walking Dead (it was skipping all of them) during their marathon a couple of weeks ago.

Ooops, nope, it's still there after all. We have a timer for Duck Dynasty with a lot of events (42) that it kicks you out of when scrolling to the bottom quickly.

I hate that in the viewing options, stop recording is first. If you select a tuner and hit select twice you may accidentaly stop a recording. Who came up with that, it should be change to watch program in progress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)